RepairmanJack.com Forums
When to read Nightworld... - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: When to read Nightworld... (/thread-2599.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

When to read Nightworld... - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 12-10-2007

Scott Miller Wrote:As someone who has read Nightworld(not the revised edition, however), I'd say it has no impact on my enjoyment of the RJ books.

The revised NIGHTWORLD is just like the original.

Only better.

Always glad to help!Wink

When to read Nightworld... - Barry Lee Dejasu - 12-11-2007

mlp Wrote:I started reading FPW this summer when I got Midnight Mass in a grab bag at the library. I liked the way the characters were written and I was intrigued by the blurb about RJ on the cover, so I read The Tomb and was immediately hooked. I mean REALLY hooked: I finished Bloodline (and all the RJ books in between) a month ago, and started on AC. I've read The Keep and The Touch and am on Reborn (just got it this weekend, excellent so far!).

But...as soon as I started reading AC, I started asking myself whether or not I should read Nightworld. I REALLY do not want to spoil the ending of RJ, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to stop myself! This stuff is just too good.

Join Keith, Beowulf, Silverfish, and myself...we are patient and we will prevail, and when we finally someday read Nightworld, it'll be an experience that everyone else on this board will never know. To blaze through the events of Nightworld without even a clue as to how they'll go? Oh, that will be sweet.

Miskatonic & Gin' Wrote:I read the original Nightworld but I'm currently hanging on (a thread...) waiting for the RPJ books to end (sigh.....) before I read the revised edition.

And you, and all the others who only read the original edition? Just hold off on the new one! So you'll have more hindsight into things, but it'll still be a different reading experience.

C'man...you both know you want to, and you can...so just wait. The time will pay off, I promise you.

When to read Nightworld... - The "Other" Otherness - 12-11-2007

Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:Join Keith, Beowulf, Silverfish, and myself...we are patient and we will prevail, and when we finally someday read Nightworld, it'll be an experience that everyone else on this board will never know. To blaze through the events of Nightworld without even a clue as to how they'll go? Oh, that will be sweet.

The time will pay off, I promise you.

Barry,

Save room on that couch for my wife and me, please. It's killing me to wait, but as good as everyone says (and come on, it's FPW, so no worries) Nightworld is pure gold, then the payoff will be sweeter for the books yet to come that lead up to it and the end itself, when all is unknown going in. Just my overvalued $.02

All this said, have we gotten definitive word on how many books are yet to come in the RJ cycle (counting BTS)? I await word on that with anticipation and a weighty sadness on my heart.

When to read Nightworld... - Silverfish - 12-11-2007

The "Other" Otherness Wrote:..Save room on that couch for my wife and me, please. It's killing me to wait...the payoff will be sweeter...

It's a big sofa, with a chaisse on one end, so there is plenty of room for you and your wife. Smile

Stephanie

When to read Nightworld... - Keith the Elder - 12-11-2007

Silverfish Wrote:

It's a big sofa, with a chaisse on one end, so there is plenty of room for you and your wife. Smile

Stephanie

There are even cup holders attached!!!

When to read Nightworld... - beowulf - 12-11-2007

We need to start a support group...maybe a gang...we could have jackets and cool nicknames...wait, we already have those...

The "Other" Otherness Wrote:Barry,

Save room on that couch for my wife and me, please. It's killing me to wait, but as good as everyone says (and come on, it's FPW, so no worries) Nightworld is pure gold, then the payoff will be sweeter for the books yet to come that lead up to it and the end itself, when all is unknown going in. Just my overvalued $.02

All this said, have we gotten definitive word on how many books are yet to come in the RJ cycle (counting BTS)? I await word on that with anticipation and a weighty sadness on my heart.

When to read Nightworld... - mlp - 12-12-2007

beowulf Wrote:We need to start a support group...maybe a gang...we could have jackets and cool nicknames...wait, we already have those...

A support group huh? Good idea. I think I'm going to need one. I start Reprisal tonight and Nightworld is just sitting there staring at me. I can already hear it whispering "C'mon mlp, you know you want to...it'll make you feel good..."

When to read Nightworld... - IanSF - 12-29-2007

I was lucky to get all of the AC books and read them in order, including the original of Nightworld. I'm holding off buying the revised version until I've read the rest of the RJ books to come. Like Miscatonic I'm (just) holding out.

When to read Nightworld... - Alvin Fox - 12-30-2007

Reading all of these posts almost makes me wish I hadn't read The Adversary Cycle back in the day. But what was I supposed to do? It was before Legacies came out. Someday though I'll be getting that set from Borderlands. Someday...