RepairmanJack.com Forums
Jack Meets...... - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Jack Meets...... (/thread-2511.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Jack Meets...... - RichE - 10-06-2007

I can see it now....
Jack decides to take Gia out for a drink at a nice place and Gia is happily talking about art. Coulter is at the bar, several belts in her, with her usual group and turns around and faces Jack. Now put this image in your heads-she's wearing the short leather skirt, white top and swinging the loud brassy
hair. Her eye's glazed and a very predatory smile, expanding in the tradition of "Alien" flashes at a very uncomfortable Jack. "HHHHHIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHH"
the besotten author drawls. Fuddled, Jack is thinking about people noticing him (his picture on some magazine page).
But it is Gia, eye's flashing like some biblical burning bush, who saves the day
with a loud "YOU CERTAINLY ARE!!!!"
Jack retreats to the Mens Room.....
And runs into Michael Moore!

Jack Meets...... - RichE - 10-08-2007

Jack meets occult expert/psychiatrist David Sorrell (from the television films
"FEAR NO EVIL"/"RITUAL OF EVIL")
Also David Norliss ("The Norliss Tapes")
Ben Mears ("Salem's Lot")
Jonas Taylor ("Meg" and "The Trench")

Jack Meets...... - jacobm - 10-09-2007

The Richard Stark character Parker, I suspect he would rate fairly high onteh oDNA scale.

Jack Meets...... - RichE - 10-09-2007

An older but still tough MIKE HAMMER (imagine him going up against Rasalom?)
Also I heard "THE SHADOW" went PD-at least a few of the film versions did. A great storyline to consider for a young Jack series is that our hero met up with a nearly forgotten Lamont Cranston who guides Jack from time to time. Jack had forgotten because Cranston "clouded" Jack's mind to tone down the encounters but are brought back because Vicky was telling her mom about an urban legend about a dark cloaked hero who once stalked the nights of NYC.
This causes Jack to remember. Let's compare: Jack is in every sense invisible.
Cranston (The Shadow) was too in a way. Jack is up against Rasalom while Cranston was up against the eastern wizard Shiwan Khan (and Khan could be tied into the events of "BLACK WIND" and an ally of the same forces that Rasalom served as Cranston served the same power Jack is tied to-or another power-against those forces). I think tying this into the Jack series would be a wonderful nod to the past if the rights could be had.

Jack Meets...... - iacon50 - 10-10-2007

Jack meets Tommy Monaghan AKA the Hitman from DC Comics. there was just a JLA/Hitman comic that came out and while i was reading i was amazed by how similar he was to jack.

i also support the pendergast team up. if not a full team up then even a cameo or reference in either series

Jack Meets...... - Kenji - 10-10-2007

jacobm Wrote:The Richard Stark character Parker, I suspect he would rate fairly high onteh oDNA scale.

He was born from oDNA! Big Grin

Jack Meets...... - Keith the Elder - 10-10-2007

Remember the lame-o spaceman from the Flintstones? Hwe would make an appearance once each novel in Abe's shop where he, Jack and Abe exchange sarcastic barbs.

Abe is slathering cream cheese on another bagel

"poof"

Gazoo: You really need that extra bagel, GROSS-man?

Abe: Some C4 up your ass I should stick!

Gazoo: Hey, Jack, know what they call a man who fights a Rakosh?

Jack: What?

Gazoo: The looser, yuk yuk yuk. Nice tie ya got there, Abe!

Jack throws shuriken at Gazoo

Gazoo: Yipe! Toodles low IQ'ers

"poof"

Then at Jack's apartment, theres always a scene where Bat-mite (who is smitten by Gia) begs, cajoles, pests Jack into letting him go along on their date. Jack always refuses, but the tenacious Bat-mite ignores Jack and follows them with screwball consequences where Jack must save the mite without Gia noticing.

Jack Meets...... - NewYorkjoe - 10-10-2007

Repairman Jack meets Jack the Ripper (teleported from London of the late 19th Century to Manhattan of the 21st)

Jack Meets...... - RichE - 10-10-2007

AHHHHH......What a carve up!

Jack Meets...... - Scott Miller - 10-10-2007

I'd like Jack to swap war stories with the Maytag Guy.