RepairmanJack.com Forums
Jack's Real Name? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Jack's Real Name? (/thread-2157.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Jack's Real Name? - webby - 01-22-2007

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:\

Hee-hee, Webby! So glad to know I won't be going to punsters' hell alone! (Just got info--the Good Doctor is keeping things nice and toasty for us. That's grand news. I guess.)

Cold as I've been these past couple of weeks, that doesn't sound so bad actually...

But Pleiades got me going so he's in the same handbasket. Wink

Jack's Real Name? - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 01-22-2007

webby Wrote:Cold as I've been these past couple of weeks, that doesn't sound so bad actually...

But Pleiades got me going so he's in the same handbasket. Wink

Poor Webby! What's wrong, baby? How can the Bluesman help?

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Poor Webby! What's wrong, baby? How can the Bluesman help?

Can you get Spring to start pretty soon? Like tomorrow? That would be good. Wink

webby Wrote:Can you get Spring to start pretty soon? Like tomorrow? That would be good. Wink

I just got on the horn to God for you, Webby. "I'm sorry...all lines are in service. Please try again. Your call is very important to us!"

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I just got on the horn to God for you, Webby. "I'm sorry...all lines are in service. Please try again. Your call is very important to us!"

Ha! That reminds me of a Rainmakers song called "Wages of Sin". It starts like this ...

"I was praying last night when an angel broke the line
She said "I'm gonna have to put you on hold for a time"
I said "Hold like Hell, let me talk to the Boss"
She said "Sorry sucker (sinner), it's the Boss's day off"
And I realized then that the wages of sin
Was two bucks an hour and working weekends"

webby Wrote:Ha! That reminds me of a Rainmakers song called "Wages of Sin". It starts like this ...

"I was praying last night when an angel broke the line
She said "I'm gonna have to put you on hold for a time"
I said "Hold like Hell, let me talk to the Boss"
She said "Sorry sucker (sinner), it's the Boss's day off"
And I realized then that the wages of sin
Was two bucks an hour and working weekends"

That's nice.

Jack's Real Name? - Dave F - 01-22-2007

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well, BK, I put my 2 cents in on an older thread. My belief is Jack is of Irish parentage because of a phrase his dad used in GATEWAYS: "Squeeze the life out of him.." My foster-folks were of Irish stock, I heard the phrase there first from Daddy, and have =never= heard it used by anybody but the Irish. Just putting another 2 cents in the meter...Wink

Fairly common phrase in the UK - so not exclusively Irish

When I was writing my challenge for Jack scanned all the books, as someone knowing Jack's surname was integral to my plot

I couldn't find it - so i had to allude to my protagonist knowing it

Jack's Real Name? - Maggers - 01-22-2007

Britfan Wrote:...When I was writing my challenge for Jack scanned all the books, as someone knowing Jack's surname was integral to my plot....

I couldn't find it...

You won't since FPW has stated on a few occasions that he hasn't given Jack a last name.

Maggers Wrote:You won't since FPW has stated on a few occasions that he hasn't given Jack a last name.

Maggers, I'd bet you one million bucks that in Paul's heart-of-hearts, Jack's last name is "Wilson.":p

Jack's Real Name? - KRW - 01-22-2007

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Maggers, I'd bet you one million bucks that in Paul's heart-of-hearts, Jack's last name is "Wilson.":p

If I offered FPW 3/4 of a million to say he didn't I'd still walk away with a quarter mill!Big Grin You sure Mike?:confused: