RepairmanJack.com Forums
LOST! Was that a trip or what? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: LOST! Was that a trip or what? (/thread-1498.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

LOST! Was that a trip or what? - Peter - 02-17-2006

JimBow, you seem like a great guy, and yes Starship Troopers wasnt as bad as it has been painted BUT...you like The Keep? If I hadnt read the book I wouldnt have known what the hell was going on and cos I had read the book I hated it. Still, my favourite film is still Conan The Barbarian so what do I know.

LOST! Was that a trip or what? - jimbow8 - 02-17-2006

Peter Wrote:JimBow, you seem like a great guy, and yes Starship Troopers wasnt as bad as it has been painted BUT...you like The Keep? If I hadnt read the book I wouldnt have known what the hell was going on and cos I had read the book I hated it. Still, my favourite film is still Conan The Barbarian so what do I know.
I hadn't read the book, and I knew what was going on. Of course it wasn't as good as the book. How could it be.

But when I watched it the second time (several years after the initial viewing), I noticed that it was based on a novel by this guy named F. Paul Wilson ....... so I decided to read the book ...... yada yada yada ..... here I am.

LOST! Was that a trip or what? - KRW - 02-17-2006

jimbow8 Wrote:I hadn't read the book, and I knew what was going on. Of course it wasn't as good as the book. How could it be.

But when I watched it the second time (several years after the initial viewing), I noticed that it was based on a novel by this guy named F. Paul Wilson ....... so I decided to read the book ...... yada yada yada ..... here I am.

So we can blame your presence on the board on Michael Mann? Big Grin

KRW

LOST! Was that a trip or what? - jimbow8 - 02-17-2006

KRW Wrote:So we can blame your presence on the board on Michael Mann? Big Grin

KRW
Yep!! and Jürgen Prochnow and Gabriel Byrne.

LOST! Was that a trip or what? - Medusa - 02-17-2006

Marc B. Wrote:I agree. I really enjoyed it. There are a lot worse flicks out there than ST.
But its way better than the book. The book bored me to tears.

LOST! Was that a trip or what? - KRW - 02-18-2006

jimbow8 Wrote:Yep!! and Jürgen Prochnow and Gabriel Byrne.

That's right, spread the blame! Big Grin

KRW

LOST! Was that a trip or what? - jimbow8 - 02-18-2006

KRW Wrote:That's right, spread the blame! Big Grin

KRW
Hells Yeah!!!! It's your blame, though, not mine. I don't "blame" them. I liked the movie, remember? :p

LOST! Was that a trip or what? - KRW - 02-18-2006

jimbow8 Wrote:Hells Yeah!!!! It's your blame, though, not mine. I don't "blame" them. I liked the movie, remember? :p

Didn't like the movie, but love the author! I guess we'll always have that in common. That and math! Wait, I suck at math!?

KRW

LOST! Was that a trip or what? - cobalt - 02-18-2006

KRW Wrote:Didn't like the movie, but love the author! I guess we'll always have that in common. That and math! Wait, I suck at math!?

KRW

Okay, I liked the movie, even bought it on VHS years ago. I noticed that the movie was based on the book by FPW.....and like some of you, got hooked into a great author. I've just finished reading (and 3 re-reads it seems) the Adversary series. Silly of me to loose track of some of the older books. Took me a while and some money to get them back. Needless to say.......I will keep them safe now. Nothing like re-visiting a book to remind you of a thread you forgot about.