RepairmanJack.com Forums
hold off on nightworld??? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: hold off on nightworld??? (/thread-134.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

hold off on nightworld??? - Noelie - 06-03-2004

Quote:one being whether I should have Jack and Glaeken meet before Nightworld).

Hmm. You know, that sentence has a certain ring of rightness to it. The more Jack encounters the Otherness, the more it seems to me like he should meet Glaeken. I'm probably not putting this into words very well, but Jack is becoming more and more involved in this, and it feels like Glaeken and he should be drawn together. Or something. Does that make sense?

(Not like it's up to me or anything, just adding my perspective. Wink )

hold off on nightworld??? - jimbow8 - 06-03-2004

Noelie Wrote:Hmm. You know, that sentence has a certain ring of rightness to it. The more Jack encounters the Otherness, the more it seems to me like he should meet Glaeken. I'm probably not putting this into words very well, but Jack is becoming more and more involved in this, and it feels like Glaeken and he should be drawn together. Or something. Does that make sense?

(Not like it's up to me or anything, just adding my perspective. Wink )
On the other hand, I like the fact that Jack is still somewhat in the dark when the Nightworld events begin to happen. I don't want him to have a whole plan against the Otherness already laid out.

hold off on nightworld??? - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 06-07-2004

Lisa Wrote:I read Nightworld many years ago, since I read the last three AC novels as they were released. IMO it doesn't matter whether you read it before or after the RJ books. If you're the patient sort, you might want to wait for the revised version due out in a few years.

Lisa

Ah, but Lisa...life is short...and Rasalom is gathering his strength...

hold off on nightworld??? - Saburo - 06-07-2004

jimbow8 Wrote:On the other hand, I like the fact that Jack is still somewhat in the dark when the Nightworld events begin to happen. I don't want him to have a whole plan against the Otherness already laid out.

Another thing is that we, the readers, are aware that Rasalom knows Glaeken doesn't have the power of Light anymore, but Glaeken doesn't know that Rasalom knows. I think he's trying to stay in the shadows so that it isn't revealed to Rasalom. Direct contact with Jack might be dangerous.

hold off on nightworld??? - Dave - 06-08-2004

Saburo Wrote:Another thing is that we, the readers, are aware that Rasalom knows Glaeken doesn't have the power of Light anymore, but Glaeken doesn't know that Rasalom knows. I think he's trying to stay in the shadows so that it isn't revealed to Rasalom. Direct contact with Jack might be dangerous.

In the RJ versus AC timeline Reprisal hasn't happened yet, so Rasalom still believes Glaeken could appear to rain on his parade.

So that shouldn't be a factor. For now.

Dave

hold off on nightworld??? - Ken Valentine - 06-08-2004

Quote:In the RJ versus AC timeline Reprisal hasn't happened yet, so Rasalom still believes Glaeken could appear to rain on his parade.

Dave

True!

In fact, as of ALL THE RAGE, THE TOUCH hasn't happened yet.

Ken V.

hold off on nightworld??? - Saburo - 06-14-2004

Dave Wrote:In the RJ versus AC timeline Reprisal hasn't happened yet, so Rasalom still believes Glaeken could appear to rain on his parade.

Dave

In Conspiracies, we find out that Rasalom does know that Glaeken is not in the army of Light anymore.

Quote:Conspiracies, page 187 <Sal Roma>The Twins - ruthless, relentless agents of the opposition. Created sometime during World War Two as watchmen, after the first guardian was released from his duties, they ...

The first guardian is obviously Glaeken, so like I said, Rasalom already knows. Reprisal hasn't happened yet, so Glaeken hasn't revealed himself yet and is still going under the name Veilleur. Glaeken is still trying avoid letting Rasalom see him, so he might avoid encountering Jack at this time.

hold off on nightworld??? - Barry Lee Dejasu - 06-14-2004

Saburo Wrote:In Conspiracies, we find out that Rasalom does know that Glaeken is not in the army of Light anymore.

The first guardian is obviously Glaeken, so like I said, Rasalom already knows. Reprisal hasn't happened yet, so Glaeken hasn't revealed himself yet and is still going under the name Veilleur. Glaeken is still trying avoid letting Rasalom see him, so he might avoid encountering Jack at this time.

However, that doesn't matter - or technically shouldn't, because in Crisscross, "Ms. Roselli" said that the Adversary (Rasalom) doesn't know that Glaeken is now just a feeble old man. Unless she is (and the other "Mothers" are) wrong, Glaeken still could "rain on (Rasalom's) parade."

AND, what's more, how else could the events of Reprisal play out if Rasalom already knows? If Rasalom knew this whole time, the events of Nightworld would be happening a whole lot sooner, and Reprisal wouldn't even be necessary as a novel anymore; and I'm sure that's not what FPW wants.

No, trust me...Rasalom may be on top of most things, but with this whole matter, at least for the time being, he's about as sharp as a basketball.

hold off on nightworld??? - Barry Lee Dejasu - 06-17-2004

Zach Wrote:I think reading Nightworld before the rest of the Repairman Jack novels is a must! Once you read Nightworld, you know that in the rest of the RJ books he survives in the end. I think this gives a sense that Jack is a super hero. You are able to enjoy the ride instead of worrying about him.

-Zach-

One, thanks for ruining it...it's not like it's a big surprise that Jack would live, but still, for the sake of all of us Nightworld virgins, PLEASE PUT SPOILER WARNINGS!

Two, do you really think that FPW would suddenly have Jack die in one of the RJ books and therefore have to exclude him in Nightworld? DUH. You don't need to read Nightworld first to figure THAT out.

hold off on nightworld??? - Hung By The Neck Til Dead - 06-19-2004

here is something to think on, maybe Raslom didn't know that Glaeken hasn't made his choice. He may think Glaeken is faking him out and waiting for him to raise his head so he wary of getting him on his ass. That is my 2 cents worth and also how I view it so it makes sense in the long run. Big Grin