RepairmanJack.com Forums
LOST Tonight!! - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: LOST Tonight!! (/thread-2194.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

LOST Tonight!! - Maggers - 04-24-2007

Paul, I think your rain dream is revelatory. Who knows? You could be on to something. I don't know what, though. What do you think the rain means?

LOST Tonight!! - Dave - 04-24-2007

Maggers Wrote:Paul, I think your rain dream is revelatory. Who knows? You could be on to something. I don't know what, though. What do you think the rain means?
That Paul wet the bed last night?

Big Grin

Dave

LOST Tonight!! - Susan - 04-24-2007

Dave Wrote:That Paul wet the bed last night?

Big Grin

Dave

ROTFL! Good one, Dave!

Actually, Paul may have something there. In Jungian dream interpretation water is a symbol of the subconscious. So analyze that! I'd do it for you, but my neck is killing me so I'm getting off the computer now. :p

Susan

LOST Tonight!! - Paul R - 04-24-2007

Maybe I should tell you about some of my other dreams... actually, no, I'd better not!Wink

LOST Tonight!! - Auskar - 04-26-2007

Okay. Sorta good and sorta bad. The show takes an entire hour to revive the injured parachutist and let us know that Sun is pregnant and got pregnant on the island. Sooooooo....... Sloooooooooow. Plus two other maybe key things. I know I sometimes complain about this show (even though I watch it), but it seems like an awful long time to drag out this evening's narrative.

LOST Tonight!! - Susan - 04-26-2007

SPOILERS

Everybody died on the plane! So that has to mean that this isn't real, right?

And am I crazy or did the parachutist start speaking Spanish, then switched to Italian and finally to English? I think in Italian she said something like, "He's not what you think." Talking about the eye patch guy. And how the heck is he alive?

So many questions, so little time.

Susan

LOST Tonight!! - Maggers - 04-26-2007

In the beginning, many folks suggested that they were all dead and the island was...well, neither heaven nor hell but somewhere else.

I don't think that's so. I suspect that Dharma and/or Penny's ridiculously wealthy father have spun a tale for the world to swallow to keep people from looking for the island.

Or, the authorities who search for downed planes did find parts of the plane but couldn't find survivors because the island is not visible to radar, the naked eye or anyone who isn't already on the island.

Or, the woman, if it is a woman (I'm still holding out for Sanjaya popping up on the island Big Grin ) who speaks in tongues (Spanish, English, Italian, maybe Russian, maybe something else like Arabic) is a liar. Other than Hurley, who really tells the truth on that island?

Or, who knows? The answer will wind up being something so far out that no one will come close to guessing it, but it will lead to a hundred other questions.

LOST Tonight!! - saynomore - 04-26-2007

The island seems to be a "clone" making machine, and the cloned females seem like they can't reproduce, thus the interest in the ones who can reproduce. Their real selves may be dead and we are merely watching their clones interact in some sort of weird "others" experiment. But there are too many holes in this clone theory...but...what if...?

AC

P.S. Cindy concurs with Susan's translation of the Italian phrase the parachutist spoke; she definitely did not say "Thank you," as the patched guy says she said.

LOST Tonight!! - Susan - 04-26-2007

Paul R Wrote:Maybe I should tell you about some of my other dreams... actually, no, I'd better not!Wink

For $200 an hour, I'll listen to anything you have to say! Just call me Dr. Susanita.

Maggers Wrote:I suspect that Dharma and/or Penny's ridiculously wealthy father have spun a tale for the world to swallow to keep people from looking for the island.

I suspect the same thing, Maggers.

You know the whole water symbolism posts made me think about what other symbols we may have missed; symbols that provide clues as to what's really going on.

Dharma is a Buddhist term meaning religion or righteousness. I found this definition on a sanskrit site:
[INDENT]"The word dharma refers to that which upholds or sustains the universe. Human society, for example, is sustained and upheld by the dharma performed by its members."
[/INDENT]This makes sense for the Dharma Initiative since it is a self-contained world of its own that survives on the beliefs and actions of its members. It is -at least in part- a psycho-social experiment.

The survivors of the plane crash seem haunted by their pasts. Could this symbolize their karma (fate/destiny based on their right or wrong actions in the past)?

And nobody stays dead...could this be symbolizing reincarnation? Hindus and
Buddhists believe that a person may be reborn successively into one of five classes of living beings (god or human or animal or hungry ghost or denizen of Hell) depending on the person's own actions. Maybe they've all been reincarnated as hungry ghosts! LOL

Or maybe I've sucked on one too many Werther's Original caramels this evening.

Susan

LOST Tonight!! - Maggers - 04-26-2007

Oooo, Susanita, I thought my poor old eyes were going, going, gone. The font size in your post got soooooo small.

Good ideas, Susan. Dharma, whatever it really is and whatever it really means, will play a big role in the doings to come. Dharma keeps them all stuck on that island, including the others. Dharma entices people there and won't let them leave. Dharma has been behind the interactions of the others and the survivors.

I think Penny's father is behind Dharma.

I was wondering if the parachutist was Penny when she fell out of the 'chopper and turned into another woman when Desmond changed his vision's outcome by saving Charlie.

How many questions have we raised on all the LOST threads that have never been answered? Big Grin