RepairmanJack.com Forums
YA Jack series - HELP - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: YA Jack series - HELP (/thread-1701.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

YA Jack series - HELP - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 06-12-2006

fpw Wrote:The list is never closed to a good suggestion.

[SIZE="3"]Don't expect an answer soon, btw. This could take a while. We won't need a series title until we start printing review copies -- and I haven't even started writing yet.[/SIZE]

Well, let's ponder deeply here. Who's the target audience? 15 year old boys, right? I'm gonna be 53 on 7/7, but in my heart I'm still 15. (I think all guys are.) And I guarantee that 15 year old guys don't give a rat's crusty ass about clever wordplay. What that crew wants is:

A hero to identify with

Lotsa good action, the hero in danger, meets an attractive girl, some sex, or the promise of it

the hero wins

So, just JACK--#1 "Brother to Brother" I'll buy a copy myself!Wink

YA Jack series - HELP - webby - 06-12-2006

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well, let's ponder deeply here. Who's the target audience? 15 year old boys, right? I'm gonna be 53 on 7/7, but in my heart I'm still 15. (I think all guys are.) And I guarantee that 15 year old guys don't give a rat's crusty ass about clever wordplay. What that crew wants is:

A hero to identify with

Lotsa good action, the hero in danger, meets an attractive girl, some sex, or the promise of it

the hero wins

So, just JACK--#1 "Brother to Brother" I'll buy a copy myself!Wink

Uh, what about the girls, Bluesman? The girls will like all those same elements AND a guy who makes them laugh (a little cleverness goes a long way).

webby Wrote:Uh, what about the girls, Bluesman? The girls will like all those same elements AND a guy who makes them laugh (a little cleverness goes a long way).

Well now, Webby--we're talkin' 2 different things, ain't we? The girls moight loike Young Jack fer raisons differnt than tha fellas. If it's romance yer lookin' fer, dis moight not be yer cup o' tay. All Oi'm seyin, the fellas loike action.

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well now, Webby--we're talkin' 2 different things, ain't we? The girls moight loike Young Jack fer raisons differnt than tha fellas. If it's romance yer lookin' fer, dis moight not be yer cup o' tay. All Oi'm seyin, the fellas loike action.

Granted. But for the girls that would like the young Jack, action is very romantic, along with a bit of wit. Not talkin' 'bout the "Sweet Valley High" crowd. Blechhh. Wink

YA Jack series - HELP - cobalt - 06-12-2006

We're not talking Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew...............this is a young Jack. I'm sure FPW will keep both genders equally enthralled.

YA Jack series - HELP - KRW - 06-12-2006

webby Wrote:Uh, what about the girls, Bluesman? The girls will like all those same elements AND a guy who makes them laugh (a little cleverness goes a long way).

I think you lost Mike on this one Webby!Wink

KRW

KRW Wrote:I think you lost Mike on this one Webby!Wink

KRW

*sighs* Could be.

BTW, Bluesman - I like "JACK" as a potential title, but I just couldn't let that borderline-sexist reasoning get by unchallenged ... Wink

webby Wrote:Granted. But for the girls that would like the young Jack, action is very romantic, along with a bit of wit. Not talkin' 'bout the "Sweet Valley High" crowd. Blechhh. Wink

Well, Webby, an ah-deer:

The fat boy trembled. "Wha--wha--we gonna do, Jack?"
Young Jack took his hand away from the torn throat. Shit. My fault. My fault. Never should have let him go on the roller-coaster alone.
Jack pulled the Boy Scout knife from his hip pocket. Always kept it to a razor edge.
"Not about you right now. It's about me. Payback time. And if I don't make it back...enjoy THE FLY tonight anyway. Here...the popcorn's on me."
The fat boy trembled. "You're talkin' crazy now, Jack. Count me in. Always wanted to be crazy."
Jack was touched by the fat boy's nonsense. "Here. You'll need this."
The fat boy trembled. "Aw, Jack...not your HULK #1."
"Take it. You'll need it."
The fat boy trembled. With pride.

YA Jack series - HELP - cobalt - 06-12-2006

webby Wrote:*sighs* Could be.

BTW, Bluesman - I like "JACK" as a potential title, but I just couldn't let that borderline-sexist reasoning get by unchallenged ... Wink
.............as the gloves come off and the games begin...................

webby Wrote:*sighs* Could be.

How on Earth was my talk "sexist," Webby? Not that I think the term "sexist" describes anything more than the user's agenda in any case.