RepairmanJack.com Forums
I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) (/thread-719.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - Kenji - 04-18-2005

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Another thing, Kenji--=never= surpress a laugh. The latest research shows surpressed laughs back up in your hippocampus and make your head explode! :eek:

No problem, Mike. I return to home, then I convulsed with laughter. Big Grin

I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - Keith the Elder - 04-18-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:I could suppress a laugh while watching 100 hours of I Love Lucy ..... easily.

Yeah, I hear ya. Never thought Lucy was funny, or the Honeymooners.
Lucy was a selfish, scheming, conniving, (the Greman word for female dog) and Ralph Kramden was an ignorant, loud mouthed bully, altways threatening spouse abuse. I guess people thought these things were funny in those days.

I couldn't recall any comedies that were on about the time of the original Scanners and didn't want to be called out on a show that hadn't been on yet for being historically inacurate, so I played `it safe.

keith the elder

I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - Kenji - 04-22-2005

I'm reading now "Wednesday chapter13".

!!!!!!!!!!Spoiler!!!!!!!!!!Spoiler!!!!!!!!!!Spoiler!!!!!!!!!!

When Jack and Carl hung around outside of Anya's house, many Florida roaches assaulted them. Ewwww!!! Palmetto? Huge cockroaches? Cockroaches on steroids? And.....they are flying! :eek:

But I've never seen the Florida roach. So I searched it in internet, but I couldn't get pictures.

Somebody can find out pictures?

I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - jimbow8 - 04-22-2005

Kenji Wrote:But I've never seen the Florida roach. So I searched it in internet, but I couldn't get pictures.

Somebody can find out pictures?
Here's a palmetto bug:
[Image: PalmettoBug.gif]

[highlight]Other Florida Bugs[/highlight]

jimbow8 Wrote:Here's a palmetto bug:

Gwaaah!!! :eek: :p

Thanks, Jim. Now I can imagine that scene in book. Big Grin

Kenji Wrote:Gwaaah!!! :eek: :p

Thanks, Jim. Now I can imagine that scene in book. Big Grin
I think that is pretty much actual size also, Kenji. I read that they are usually 1.5" long or more (4 cm)

jimbow8 Wrote:I think that is pretty much actual size also, Kenji. I read that they are usually 1.5" long or more (4 cm)

Yeah, but Jack was surprised to roach's size. "--but never this size", "these were big".......Well, 4cm is not big. Oh, Jack is definitely squeamish type! Rolleyes Big Grin

I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - Maggers - 04-22-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:Here's a palmetto bug:

Yewwww!!! These are the waterbugs I've posted about so often. Another one got smashed in a mouse trap 2 days ago. They are so big they can set off a mouse trap! Yeeech!

I HATE THESE THINGS! A bug by any name still creeps me out. Waterbug, Palmetto bug, Yuck! And NYC waterbugs can fly, not very far, but they can fly. Absolutely horrible! And they are long, easily over 2 inches.

Maggers Wrote:Yewwww!!! These are the waterbugs I've posted about so often. Another one got smashed in a mouse trap 2 days ago. They are so big they can set off a mouse trap! Yeeech!

I HATE THESE THINGS! A bug by any name still creeps me out. Waterbug, Palmetto bug, Yuck! And NYC waterbugs can fly, not very far, but they can fly. Absolutely horrible! And they are long, easily over 2 inches.
Have you ever seen La Cucaracha Grande? I saw some at the zoo one time and simultaneously got chills up my spine and felt nauseous. Those things are HUGE and pasty white. AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - Maggers - 04-22-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:Have you ever seen La Cucaracha Grande? I saw some at the zoo one time and simultaneously got chills up my spine and felt nauseous. Those things are HUGE and pasty white. AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

OMG! The stuff of nightmares! No, I've never seen one and I DO NOT WANT TO!