RepairmanJack.com Forums
What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What so-called "Bombs" did you like? (/thread-624.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - KRW - 01-13-2005

Scott Hajek Wrote:Count me among the 6 people in the entire world that likes "Howard the Duck." May George Lucas issue a two-disc DVD Special Edition!!!

If I haven't been counted, (and I don't think I have) I must be number 7! Yeah that's sombody's lucky number. Big Grin

KRW

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - jimbow8 - 01-13-2005

Sam Wrote:The 13th Warrior
Brazil
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Don't think these were complete bombs, but pretty close.
Love the 13th Warrior - still waiting for a director's cut of that with footage by McTiernan before Crichton took over.

Still haven't been able to make it through Brazil.

Did NOT like F&L in LV at all. Possibly because I just don't understand that drug lifestyle at all.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Flinx - 01-13-2005

Scott Miller Wrote:I thought that honor went to Hudson Hawk or Blind Date.
Hudson Hawke, one of my favourites.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - KRW - 01-13-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:Love the 13th Warrior - still waiting for a director's cut of that with footage by McTiernan before Crichton took over.

Still haven't been able to make it through Brazil.

Did NOT like F&L in LV at all. Possibly because I just don't understand that drug lifestyle at all.

The 13th Warrior was one of the best movies I never heard about! What a great movie!

KRW

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Maggers - 01-13-2005

KRW Wrote:The 13th Warrior was one of the best movies I never heard about! What a great movie!

KRW

I agree, Ken. Except I did hear about it and was one of the 3 people in NYC who saw it in the theater, and then again on video. Way cool flick!

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Flinx - 01-14-2005

Scott Hajek Wrote:Count me among the 6 people in the entire world that likes "Howard the Duck." May George Lucas issue a two-disc DVD Special Edition!!!
It was a movie I also enjoyed. I got the novelisation & soundtrack on record. They should put this out on DVD.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Kenji - 01-14-2005

Medusa Wrote:My husband and I tended to like some of the so-called bombs! One of our favorites was The Fifth Element. Critics said it was Bruce Willis' worst movie. We loved it! Another favorite that the critics hated was Battlefield Earth. We even like some of those cheesy movies that they play over and over on the movie channels when they have nothing else to play: Krull, Clash of the Titans, Sword and the Sorceror. . . Or am I just showing my age. hee hee

Critics don't know anything about movies! I like The 5th element. Krull and Clash of the Titans....oh, I love them! That's our age! Big Grin

BTW, did you choose your name Medusa from Clash of the Titans?

Marc B. Wrote:The Fifth Element has its core fan-base. I for one love it. It's funny, action packed, good story... nothing really to dislike about it.

Bomb movies that I like:

Josey and the Pussycats
Cruel Intentions
Donnie Darko
The Big Lebowski
The Big Blue
Starship Troopers

Donny Darko is awesome movie. Though I can't understand some scenes yet...

The Big Lebowski is fun movie. Especially, the end of Steve Bushemi.....gosh! :p

Sam Wrote:The 13th Warrior
Brazil
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Don't think these were complete bombs, but pretty close.

The 13th Warrior is pretty good movie. I am Michael Crichton fan, nevertheless I HATE this book, "Eater of the dead".

Brazil is one of my favorite movies. Terry Gilium has many talents.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Dave - 01-14-2005

Flinx Wrote:Hudson Hawke, one of my favourites.

I'm with Flinx on this one. Hudson Hawk was great. Andi McDowell doing dolphin impressions, how can you not love that?

I also loved Casualties of War, MJ Fox was brilliant, just ashame Sean Penn mumbled his way through it.

Ed TV is always a fun watch (with a great turn by Ellen Degeneres, but I won't go there!).

Get Over It is a hidden gem in my mind, gets better every time you see it.

And I'll finish up with Worth Winning. No idea if it bombed or not, but is not well known over here, but Mark Harmon was a star in that film.

Dave