RepairmanJack.com Forums
Open Water - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Open Water (/thread-622.html)

Pages: 1 2

Open Water - Scott Miller - 07-07-2006

I finally got around to watching OW last night and all I can say is WOW. Definitely, the scariest film I've seen in awhile. I can't believe how many people told me it sucked or how boring it was, what flick were they watching; I was riveted. I was petrified during the lightning scene. Good stuff.

Open Water - Tony H - 07-07-2006

Unfortunately, the movie did so well that it has spawned a sequel in name only. The German-made "Adrift" has been renamed "Open Water 2" to cash in on the title success of the first film.

The general premise of the sequel is a group of friends take a party yacht out to sea (where else would you take a yacht) and decide to jump in the water for a swim. (Where else would you jump for a swim?)

It isn't until they are all in the water that they realize that no one lowerd the ladder. (DUH!) Now they are adrift with no way to get back on their ship and it isn't long until sharks show up. To make matters worse, there is a baby on board the boat. (This isn't seen in the trailer but is mentioned in several write ups of the film.)

You can watch the trailer here.

click on the trailer links on the right hand side of the page.

Open Water - jimbow8 - 07-07-2006

AsMoral Wrote:Unfortunately, the movie did so well that it has spawned a sequel in name only. The German-made "Adrift" has been renamed "Open Water 2" to cash in on the title success of the first film.

The general premise of the sequel is a group of friends take a party yacht out to sea (where else would you take a yacht) and decide to jump in the water for a swim. (Where else would you jump for a swim?)

It isn't until they are all in the water that they realize that no one lowerd the ladder. (DUH!) Now they are adrift with no way to get back on their ship and it isn't long until sharks show up. To make matters worse, there is a baby on board the boat. (This isn't seen in the trailer but is mentioned in several write ups of the film.)

You can watch the trailer here.

click on the trailer links on the right hand side of the page.
That sounds really horrible to me. First that they would rename it as Open Water 2. Second, the plot sounds really dumb to me; maybe if I watch the trailer it will seem better. How about everyone taking off their suits and making a rope? There .... solved!

[edit] I just looked at the pictures...... I'm fairly confident that two people (if not one) could boost a person up the two feet required.

Open Water - neotank - 07-09-2006

LOL I'll take Open Water 2 over Dark Water 2^

Open Water - Scott Hajek - 04-19-2007

neotank Wrote:LOL I'll take Open Water 2 over Dark Water 2^

After seeing Open Water 2, you might rethink that statement.

The subtitle of Open Water 2 is "Adrift." The whole time I was watching this movie, I was thinking of alternate subtitles. For example:

Open Water 2: Stupid People Swimming
Open Water 2: Come on, Drown Already
Open Water 2: McSteamy is McStupid
Open Water 2: Bare Ass Stupid

Open Water - Tony H - 04-19-2007

Scott Hajek Wrote:After seeing Open Water 2, you might rethink that statement.

The subtitle of Open Water 2 is "Adrift." The whole time I was watching this movie, I was thinking of alternate subtitles. For example:

Open Water 2: Stupid People Swimming
Open Water 2: Come on, Drown Already
Open Water 2: McSteamy is McStupid
Open Water 2: Bare Ass Stupid

LMAO! awesome! Scooter's opinions helped save me from renting this. It has been removed from my netflix queue.

Open Water - Maggers - 04-19-2007

Scott Miller Wrote:I finally got around to watching OW last night and all I can say is WOW. Definitely, the scariest film I've seen in awhile. I can't believe how many people told me it sucked or how boring it was, what flick were they watching; I was riveted. I was petrified during the lightning scene. Good stuff.

I loved OPEN WATER. In the cab on the way home I kept wanting to wring out my clothes, that's how realistic that movie was. It was touching and terrifying. I love to swim; I love the water, from puddles, to lakes, rivers, streams, sounds, bays, oceans, you name it. After seeing OPEN WATER, I never want to be so far out that I can't swim back. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

Open Water - Scott Hajek - 04-20-2007

AsMoral Wrote:LMAO! awesome! Scooter's opinions helped save me from renting this. It has been removed from my netflix queue.

At least I didn't have to pay for it, I got it from the library. But, removing it from any queue is a safe bet.