RepairmanJack.com Forums
Remake this movie - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Remake this movie (/thread-4314.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Remake this movie - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 07-26-2011

TMIAHM is sf shorthand for Robert Heinlein's masterpiece: THE MOON IS A HARSH MISTRESS.

Remake this movie - t4terrific - 07-26-2011

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Some great books just =can't= be made into movies. Could yez imagine THIAHM as a flick?

And t4, while Obama is a disaster, we are very, very far from 1984.
Distance can be made less important by speed. Kansas City is far from here, but increasing the speed of travel can get me there faster.

As the rate of travel continues to increase, Orwellian themes become more relevant.

Please don't think it's The President that is responsible for these things. That's the whole trick of it Bluesman.

Remake this movie - t4terrific - 07-26-2011

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:TMIAHM is sf shorthand for Robert Heinlein's masterpiece: THE MOON IS A HARSH MISTRESS.
I was just going to say that. Really! Smile

Remake this movie - cobalt - 07-26-2011

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Some great books just =can't= be made into movies. Could yez imagine THIAHM as a flick?

And t4, while Obama is a disaster, we are very, very far from 1984.

cobalt79 Wrote:It's Heinlein......with a typo. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

See...I was right.

Remake this movie - RootsReggae - 07-26-2011

t4terrific Wrote:1984. Simply because the book deserves to finally have a great film based on it, and the subject matter applies, in America, more than it ever has.

Tim Robbins has been trying to remake 1984. It could end up happening.

I have to admit, I've never read or seen Gone With The Wind.

Blast my wicked hide, cobalt! I've read that book at least 20 times, and I slam a typo on it!

(IT'S ALL RIGHT, MICHAEL. DON"T WORRY FOR A SECOND. BY THE WAY, KEEP WRITING, SON.--RAH)

Remake this movie - Tony H - 07-26-2011

AH! The H in the wrong spot was throwing me off. I couldn't even think of "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" not until Lisa said "The Hooker is a Harsh Mistress" then I got it.

Weird how one wrong letter in an abbreviation can completely make it impossible to see the big picture.

Indeed, Tony. But have you read the wonderful book?

Remake this movie - Tony H - 07-26-2011

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Indeed, Tony. But have you read the wonderful book?

I have, but Sci-Fi and I do not get along. I have an aversion to it for some reason, its not my cup of tea. I read it in the 90's I don't recall much about it other than the Loonies and something about gravity affecting the body to the point that prisoners who served their sentences can not leave because the gravity of earth will kill them.

Remake this movie - Peter - 07-26-2011

Lisa Wrote:The Hooker is a Harsh Mistress?

I've read that one! Very, er, stimulating............Smile