RepairmanJack.com Forums
Cool first pitch (even for people who don't like sports) - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Cool first pitch (even for people who don't like sports) (/thread-4247.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Cool first pitch (even for people who don't like sports) - The Mad American - 06-28-2011

sigokat Wrote:saw this on Sportscenter at the gym just now. Pretty cool, but I wonder how many times he rehearsed it. Also would it technically be a balk? Or an illegal pitch? He was pretty far off the rubber when he released the ball LOL

Yeah, as soon as he took that step backwards and then another to start his jump it was a balk. Still, after seeing John Wall throw it into the ground like a toddler that was cool.

Cool first pitch (even for people who don't like sports) - The Mad American - 06-28-2011

KRW Wrote:Yank away. But just remember, the "Karate Kid" played soccer too. Name me one other sport with such bad assery in it's line up.Big Grin

Ralph Machio played soccer? Well that makes it all better.Big Grin

Cool first pitch (even for people who don't like sports) - Sigokat - 06-28-2011

The Mad American Wrote:Yeah, as soon as he took that step backwards and then another to start his jump it was a balk. Still, after seeing John Wall throw it into the ground like a toddler that was cool.

Yeah that was pretty funny. They also showed GWB from the 2001 WS and he threw it better than some of those other "athletes". I remember watching that WS and I was sooooooo happy to see the D'Backs take it.

Cool first pitch (even for people who don't like sports) - DaveStrorm - 06-28-2011

The Mad American Wrote:He threw a strike after that flip. Have you seen John Wall's or Dirk Nowitzki's? No flip and nowhere near a strike.

And yeah, we would like to check out one of the shows. Almost went this last winter but something came up so we missed it.

Poor John. He looked like he'd never thrown a ball in his life. If only Grant Hill had thrown like that . . . Dirk at least had a little bit of form and his pitch made it across the plate without bouncing.

I was more amazed that this guy's throw was so accurate after the spinning flipping thing he did. If I had a different body and could do that kind of flip I'd be so disoriented I'd probably throw the ball toward the outfield somewhere.

Cool first pitch (even for people who don't like sports) - KRW - 06-28-2011

The Mad American Wrote:Ralph Machio played soccer? Well that makes it all better.Big Grin

See, the argument is over when the Ralph Machio card is played. lol

DaveStrorm Wrote:Poor John. He looked like he'd never thrown a ball in his life. If only Grant Hill had thrown like that . . . Dirk at least had a little bit of form and his pitch made it across the plate without bouncing.

I was more amazed that this guy's throw was so accurate after the spinning flipping thing he did. If I had a different body and could do that kind of flip I'd be so disoriented I'd probably throw the ball toward the outfield somewhere.

Hehe, yeah I would have probably made a John Wall type throw if I could have done a flip like that. Not that I could do a flip, I did say if.

KRW Wrote:See, the argument is over when the Ralph Machio card is played. lol

It was kind of cheap of me to go straight to the Machio card, but I am cheap.Big Grin

The Mad American Wrote:It was kind of cheap of me to go straight to the Machio card, but I am cheap.Big Grin

I'll show you cheap. Remember Stallone played soccer against the Nazis and won. That's right, I threw the Stallone card. Now who's cheap?Big Grin

Cool first pitch (even for people who don't like sports) - Sigokat - 06-28-2011

watch out! You two might get banned due to all this crazy talk!!

sigokat Wrote:watch out! You two might get banned due to all this crazy talk!!

Maybe then I can get some yard work done.Wink