RepairmanJack.com Forums
Mad Men - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Mad Men (/thread-3898.html)

Pages: 1 2

Mad Men - Scott Miller - 07-16-2011

Aprilis Wrote:just wait til you get to season 4 ... Betty is so changed in my eyes ...

Two episodes left in Season 4 and I must say that this show is getting better with age which almost never happens. I'd say all of the characters have undergone massive transformations since the show began but yeah Betty is a trainwreck where it seemed as though she had everything when it started.

After we finish it we're moving on to Season 1 of Damages and I'll be getting into Season 3 3 of Breaking Bad.

Mad Men - Maggers - 07-18-2011

We just finished Season 4. Fantabulous! I fully expect Dr. Miller to come back and get her pound of flesh from Don in some fashion, perhaps by sharing what she knows about him. However, Dr. Miller (Faye?) is on the money when she tells Don that he likes only the beginning of things. When does Season 5 air?

Mad Men - Scott Miller - 07-19-2011

Maggers Wrote:We just finished Season 4. Fantabulous! I fully expect Dr. Miller to come back and get her pound of flesh from Don in some fashion, perhaps by sharing what she knows about him. However, Dr. Miller (Faye?) is on the money when she tells Don that he likes only the beginning of things. When does Season 5 air?

I'm not sure about Season 5 but I think its going to be awhile-like at least a year from what little I've heard. As for Faye, I won't say we've seen the last of her but I don't see her seeking revenge. That was a great line by her and 100% acurate. I didn't see the proposal coming but I find Megan to be very interesting although I wouldn't be shocked if she was turning the tables on Don and we discover she has ulterior motives. I think he sees who he wants to be when with her.

Mad Men - Maggers - 07-19-2011

Scott Miller Wrote:I'm not sure about Season 5 but I think its going to be awhile-like at least a year from what little I've heard. As for Faye, I won't say we've seen the last of her but I don't see her seeking revenge. That was a great line by her and 100% acurate. I didn't see the proposal coming but I find Megan to be very interesting although I wouldn't be shocked if she was turning the tables on Don and we discover she has ulterior motives. I think he sees who he wants to be when with her.

We saw a side of Faye for a moment during Season 4 that leads me to believe that she may want to get back at Don in some fashion. She was outed by Don for wearing a bogus wedding ring. The next time we see her, she's in a phone booth located just outside the firm's office doors. She is yelling, screaming actually, at someone, and it sounded vicious and nasty. The thought I had when watching was that she was breaking up with someone, or someone was breaking up with her, most likely the latter. It was a small scene, one that lead quickly to another as the camera was following someone into the offices as they passed the phone booth. The scene was actually sort of a background. This show is rich in scenes like that.

I like your summation of Megan. I didn't see her that way, I'm not sure I do. She seemed so wholesome calling her mother to tell her of the engagement. Yet it was she who pursued Don when they first did the deed in his office. You could be right.

You are decidedly correct about Don and how he is when he is with Megan, or how he thinks he is when he is with her.

Mad Men - Scott Miller - 07-20-2011

Maggers Wrote:We saw a side of Faye for a moment during Season 4 that leads me to believe that she may want to get back at Don in some fashion. She was outed by Don for wearing a bogus wedding ring. The next time we see her, she's in a phone booth located just outside the firm's office doors. She is yelling, screaming actually, at someone, and it sounded vicious and nasty. The thought I had when watching was that she was breaking up with someone, or someone was breaking up with her, most likely the latter. It was a small scene, one that lead quickly to another as the camera was following someone into the offices as they passed the phone booth. The scene was actually sort of a background. This show is rich in scenes like that.

I like your summation of Megan. I didn't see her that way, I'm not sure I do. She seemed so wholesome calling her mother to tell her of the engagement. Yet it was she who pursued Don when they first did the deed in his office. You could be right.

You are decidedly correct about Don and how he is when he is with Megan, or how he thinks he is when he is with her.

I remember the scene with Faye but still don't see her as the vindictive type. That said nothing that happens would surprise me because the show is constantly surprising me in the direction it goes.

For my money Don is the most interesting character on television. I want to know what he saw in the painting.

Mad Men - Tesla's folly - 07-24-2011

I unfortunately missed most of last season since I didn't have access to a television. So I'm kinda just skimming this thread just in case.

Mad Men - Scott Miller - 07-25-2011

Tesla's folly Wrote:I unfortunately missed most of last season since I didn't have access to a television. So I'm kinda just skimming this thread just in case.

There are a couple of spoilers but real very little. Do yourself a favor and get your hands on Season 4 though; I thought it was the best season yet. I would recommend your local library as a source.

Mad Men - Marc - 07-25-2011

:clap2: Love Mad Men. Too bad it's not returning until next year.