RepairmanJack.com Forums
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (/thread-38.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Scott Miller - 04-02-2004

As for the song(s) which Keith Moon is off time, I honestly forget. It is one of their more popular songs like You Better, You Bet or Who Are You. One of my roomies in college was a drummer who pointed it out to me. I think he at one point programmed a drum machine to keep time in order to gauge the changes in Moon's drumming throughout the song. I was always kind of amused by it.

If that is the song then your argument holds no water because Moon was dead by the release of Face Dances. I believe it is Kenny Jones providing the drums. Besides rock-n-roll isn't about precision, it is about energy which Moon supplied in spades. Either way, Moon and Bonzo are the two greatest rock drummers of all time.

Favorite Who tunes: The Seeker, I'm a Boy, Goin' Mobile, Join Together, Pictures of Lily, My Wife, Teenage Wasteland, A Legal Matter (great Townshend vocals), Relay, I'm Free, and all of Quadrophenia, especially The Real Me, 5:15, I'm One, The Dirty Jobs and Love, Reign O'er Me.

Special mention goes to Pete's 1st solo outing-Who Came First.

Favorite Zep (the lords of excess) tunes: Misty Mountain Hop, The Song Remains the Same, The Ocean, Fool in the Rain, Tangerine, Celebration Day, Going to California, Nobody's Fault but Mine, The Rover, Houses of the Holy, Bron-Yr-Aur, Down by the Seaside, Ten Years Gone, Night Flight, and Black Country Woman.

Both lists could be considerably longer I realize, but the brain has expelled its last breath.

Scott

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 04-11-2004

Good to see another rockin' soul likes RELAY, one of the Who's most underrated. Check out the BBC version--mighty!

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Biggles - 04-11-2004

Scott Miller Wrote:Favorite Who tunes: ... Teenage Wasteland... .

Scott

Don't you mean Baba O'Riley?

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 04-11-2004

Biggles Wrote:Don't you mean Baba O'Riley?
Yep, that's the real title, but I recall more than one occasion when a customer asked record store me for the Who album with "Teenage Wasteland." Awright, Biggles...what 3 Who songs have numbers for titles?

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - jimbow8 - 04-11-2004

Biggles Wrote:Don't you mean Baba O'Riley?
I was going to correct him on that one, too, but usually when I do people give me disdainful looks.

Its one of my music pet peeves.

The other is when people pronounce the Zeppelin song as Die-Err May-ker. Man, I wish they would've thought the lettering of that song through a little better!

jimbow8 Wrote:I was going to correct him on that one, too, but usually when I do people give me disdainful looks.

Its one of my music pet peeves.

The other is when people pronounce the Zeppelin song as Die-Err May-ker. Man, I wish they would've thought the lettering of that song through a little better!

My pet peeve is when people confuse Jethro Tull with Ian Anderson, as you might expect.

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Yep, that's the real title, but I recall more than one occasion when a customer asked record store me for the Who album with "Teenage Wasteland." Awright, Biggles...what 3 Who songs have numbers for titles?

5:15, 905, 1921? How about I'm One, does that count?

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Ken Valentine - 04-12-2004

fpw Wrote:No argument from this quarter. The sly wink of the stutter in "My Generation" and the most down-and-dirty, eyes-wide-open political song ever: "Won't Get Fooled Again."

Won't get fooled again? I must have missed that one. Where can I find a copy?
My favorite "political" song is Sunshine by Jonathan Edwards.

Ken V.

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Biggles - 04-12-2004

Ken Valentine Wrote:Won't get fooled again? I must have missed that one. Where can I find a copy?
My favorite "political" song is Sunshine by Jonathan Edwards.

Ken V.

It's on the album "Who's Next". I loved it 30 years ago, even before I became an anarchist (or maybe before I realized I was one). If there's an anarchists' theme song, that's it!

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Ken Valentine - 04-12-2004

Biggles Wrote:It's on the album "Who's Next". I loved it 30 years ago, even before I became an anarchist (or maybe before I realized I was one). If there's an anarchists' theme song, that's it!

Thanks Biggles. But where can I actually get a copy? Online?

Ken - doesn't get out much - V.