RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Expendables - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Expendables (/thread-3268.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The Expendables - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 01-25-2009

Brian Wrote:Rambo is all about the blood, gore, guns and glory. I like it that way.

The original, FIRST BLOOD, wasn't like that at all. Far as I recall, the only person to get killed died through his own stupidity.

The Expendables - Brian - 01-25-2009

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:The original, FIRST BLOOD, wasn't like that at all. Far as I recall, the only person to get killed died through his own stupidity.

There was some slashing and shooting to be sure, but I don't think anyone was killed outright by Rambo in First Blood. Rambo just escalates, again I like it that way.

The Expendables - Wapitikev - 01-26-2009

bluesman mike lindner Wrote:the original, first blood, wasn't like that at all. Far as i recall, the only person to get killed died through his own stupidity.
LITERARY NOTE: First Blood (the movie) was changed to make Rambo seem more sympathetic...in the novel he terminates Galt's posse with extreme prejudice.

So First Blood, the book, WAS like Rambo...the nicey-nice movie that was watered down pap so that more people would go to see it, on the other hand...

-Wapitikev

The Expendables - Sigokat - 01-26-2009

I also enjoyed the last Rambo movie. I watched it expecting [B]gratuitous amounts of blood, gore, and action...and got it!! What else do you expect from Rambo?[/B]

This new movie sounds good so I'll have to see it when it comes out for sure. In the link in the OP, does anyone know if those are real tats Stallone has or are they for the movie? And that dude is ripped for 62!!

The Expendables - Fenian1916 - 01-26-2009

First Blood the book was one of the best books I've ever read.

The Expendables - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 01-26-2009

Fenian1916 Wrote:First Blood the book was one of the best books I've ever read.

I haven't read the book, Fenian, but I thought John Rambo in the first flick was a wonderfully sympathetic character.

The Expendables - Fenian1916 - 01-26-2009

Read the book and you'll really feel sympathetic. It's a lot different.

Fenian1916 Wrote:Read the book and you'll really feel sympathetic. It's a lot different.

Your recommendation is good, I will check it out.

The Expendables - GeraldRice - 01-26-2009

AlvinFox Wrote:Has anyone heard of this? Written, directed and starring Sylvester Stallone. About a team of mercenaries sent to South America to overthrow a dictator.

Also starring Mickey Rourke, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture and Forest Whitaker. I have high hopes for this movie. So far there's only this picture. Filming starts next month and it's scheduled to come out in 2010.

I can't help but think... if you had to eat Sly... he'd be so =stringy=. And that's just gross.

GeraldRice Wrote:I can't help but think... if you had to eat Sly... he'd be so =stringy=. And that's just gross.

Appalling.

But Gerald, when are you gonna post more of your fiction?