RepairmanJack.com Forums
jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) (/thread-3100.html)

Pages: 1 2

jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) - volshan - 10-22-2008

wdg3rd Wrote:...I hear it's rather uncommon for a goalie to actually score. ...

In case anyone actually cares...

In NHL history 9 different goalies have scored 11 goals.

5 goalies have shot and scored 6 goals:

Ron Hextall (2), 1987, 1989
Chris Osgood, 1996
Martin Brodeur, 1997
Jose Theodore, 2001
Evgeni Nabokov, 2002

Nabokov's was kinda funny...you could see him looking for someone to pass to and, not finding anyone, he *literally* shrugged, looked, aimed, and shot it into the empty net at the other end of the ice. =)

5 have been credited with a goal without actually shooting the puck:
(the goalie was the last member of the scoring team to touch the puck before the scored-on team scored, what in soccer is called, an 'own-goal'.)

Bill Smith, 1979
Damian Rhodes, 1999
Martin Brodeur, 2000
Mika Noronen, 2004
Chris Mason, 2006

Note that Martin Brodeur is on both lists - one goal of each type.

Not that I follow goalies or anything. =)
(I confess to using the NHL site to get the years right, though.)

Marty

jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) - Wapitikev - 10-22-2008

volshan Wrote:In case anyone actually cares...

Chris Osgood, 1996
Martin Brodeur, 1997
Jose Theodore, 2001
Evgeni Nabokov, 2002

Nabokov's was kinda funny...you could see him looking for someone to pass to and, not finding anyone, he *literally* shrugged, looked, aimed, and shot it into the empty net at the other end of the ice. =)

(the goalie was the last member of the scoring team to touch the puck before the scored-on team scored, what in soccer is called, an 'own-goal'.)

Bill Smith, 1979
Damian Rhodes, 1999
Martin Brodeur, 2000
Mika Noronen, 2004
Chris Mason, 2006

Marty

Great info Marty...I have 3 Preds in my hockey pool (Dumont, Erat and Ellis). How do you feel about the (very) recent Jim Balsillie rumours (i.e. Jim steps in to assist Nashville with the DelBiaggio cleanup and, in return, the League gives him rights to an expansion team in the Greater Metro Toronto area in a few years)?

And, in the interests of keeping this thread sorta on-topic...is FPW a hockey fan? If Jack was forced to choose a hockey team to cheer for, would he pick the Devils (from his youth in NJ), the Rangers or the lowly Ilses?

-Wapitikev

jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) - Scott Miller - 10-22-2008

Wapitikev Wrote:And, in the interests of keeping this thread sorta on-topic...is FPW a hockey fan? If Jack was forced to choose a hockey team to cheer for, would he pick the Devils (from his youth in NJ), the Rangers or the lowly Ilses?

-Wapitikev

[SIZE="5"]WRONG![/SIZE] He would be a [SIZE="5"]WINGS[/SIZE] fan of course. Afterall, he is a man of refinement and taste.

jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) - John Is Ghost - 10-22-2008

volshan Wrote:In case anyone actually cares...

Chris Osgood, 1996
Martin Brodeur, 1997
Jose Theodore, 2001
Evgeni Nabokov, 2002

Bill Smith, 1979
Damian Rhodes, 1999
Martin Brodeur, 2000
Mika Noronen, 2004
Chris Mason, 2006

Marty

waiiiiiit didnt mike richter of rangers fame score a goal????? i thought i saw it once on msn

jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) - KRW - 10-23-2008

LolaRennt Wrote:I don't really understand the disdain for team sports. Is it that you think it's just less effort because there's multiple people out there? And who cares if the goalie doesn't score a point? That's not the role of the goalie.

Each team member has to have some kind of talent, it's not a random mob effort.

I get the feeling that the disdain isn't just for the concept of a team sport but more for the fact that it's not as some bloody, violent mess.

Playing sports when growing up, there were two mentalities. One was for personal achievement and the other was to be a team player. Since I had problems "playing well with others" I chose the sports that I didn't have to rely on anyone else but me. (track, wrestling, etc..) I also loved baseball. Not for the team effort on the field... it's boring 99% of the time, (even the pitcher relies on his outfield) but because of the time at the plate. It's all up to the batter.

I did play a few team sports over the years, but it left me with the feeling of relying on others and not using my full potential.

It's one reason I've come to like fantasy football, it's based on the players personal achievements, not the teams.