RepairmanJack.com Forums
Newbie - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Newbie (/thread-309.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Newbie - Dalt - 08-23-2004

Scott Hajek Wrote:Welcome to the board!

If you must kill someone, send me a PM, I've got a few ideas, heh, heh, heh.

And, yes, the Queens are off-limits... we always need someone to brighten our days when they grace us with their presence.

Indeed, they calm and soothe, stop us from putting our feet on the coffee table, that sort of thing. I like them, personally, so there'll be no femicide tonight.
Nice to be here, thanks for the welcome.

Newbie - stacyzinda123 - 08-23-2004

Dalt Wrote:For the last couple of years he's been trying to correct a limp caused by my left leg initially being an inch shorter than my right. Trouble is that he's been over compensated with the growth spurts alternating from the left to the right leg. I'm now 8 foot 4 and still walking around in small circles. He's tenacious if not a little pig headed.
Thanks for the welcome. Big Grin

That cracked me up, you'll fit in well! I could use the laugh too, I have a second job interview with a company tomorrow and it has me in knots! Sad

Newbie - Biggles - 08-24-2004

Dalt Wrote:Having discovered the joys of the likes of 'Healer' in the late 70s then, only recently, the 'Repairman Jack' novels, and now this site (thanks to Dave), I feel fully immersed in the Wilson world. Who do I have to kill to become a senior member of this institution?

Sorry to disappoint you, but unlike Risk, where you get the territory cards held by vanquished opponents, killing senior members won't help. Besides, Ken, Bluesman (?) & I, and perhaps other senior members, are typically armed and not good targets. Susan is a karateka and also not a good choice. Lisa is too cute to take out, and besides, you don't want to whack a queen. Jimbow and Scott, while unabashed liberals, are valued foils for the conservatives on the board.

I guess you'll just have to make senior member status the old-fashioned way, earn it. All you have to do is post a lot. Get into a running debate with Ken or Jimbow and you'll get there in no time.

Newbie - Dalt - 08-24-2004

stacyzinda123 Wrote:That cracked me up, you'll fit in well! I could use the laugh too, I have a second job interview with a company tomorrow and it has me in knots! Sad

Best of luck, and remember, they NEED you...if they don't realise that fact and refuse to employ you, you will have the satisfaction of watching their company crumble imminently without your profound skills; their shares devaluing exponentially, causing worldwide panic, the dollar, weakening to the point where...you take my point. Go Girl!

Biggles Wrote:Sorry to disappoint you, but unlike Risk, where you get the territory cards held by vanquished opponents, killing senior members won't help. Besides, Ken, Bluesman (?) & I, and perhaps other senior members, are typically armed and not good targets. Susan is a karateka and also not a good choice. Lisa is too cute to take out, and besides, you don't want to whack a queen. Jimbow and Scott, while unabashed liberals, are valued foils for the conservatives on the board.

I guess you'll just have to make senior member status the old-fashioned way, earn it. All you have to do is post a lot. Get into a running debate with Ken or Jimbow and you'll get there in no time.

I had considered sleeping my way to the top here but going by the look of some of your avatars and the fact that the membership is heavily weighted towards the masculine, it would NOT be a pleasure.
How about buying my way up?

Newbie - Ken Valentine - 08-24-2004

Dalt Wrote:I had considered sleeping my way to the top here but going by the look of some of your avatars and the fact that the membership is heavily weighted towards the masculine, it would NOT be a pleasure.
How about buying my way up?

You'll never accomplish anything by sleeping. At the very least, you must lie awake, on your side, with a look of great expectation on your face. Big Grin

Twenty three more posts and you advance from junior member to member. Seventy posts after that, you develop a Castillian accent and are known as Senior Member. Si?

Ken V.

It's late, and I'm getting punchy.

Newbie - Scott Hajek - 08-24-2004

Dalt Wrote:How about buying my way up?

Won't work.... though a few rounds of beer might...

stacyzinda123 Wrote:I have a second job interview with a company tomorrow and it has me in knots! Sad
So, How did that job interview go? Did you wow them into submission? Or are they doomed to failure without you?

Newbie - stacyzinda123 - 08-24-2004

Dalt Wrote:So, How did that job interview go? Did you wow them into submission? Or are they doomed to failure without you?

The interview is at 3:30 today (not too long now) and I"ll be sure to let you know how it goes! thanks for the tips Wink

Kenji Asakura Wrote:Welcome to board, Dalt.

Oh, please don't kill me! Big Grin

Whenever I log in to catch up, you're around Kenji. Do you ever sleep? Wink