RepairmanJack.com Forums
Some really old shows - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Some really old shows (/thread-3015.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Some really old shows - Don B - 08-22-2008

Libby Wrote:I should probably see those. I will look into it. Thanks.Smile The Flying Nun does SOUND funny. But perhaps I should not waste my time seeing it...:confused:

I'd like to add The Dick Van Dyke Show to the mix.

Some really old shows - Noelie - 08-23-2008

ImDeranged Wrote:I am in the middle of the 5th set of Dark Shadows: The Beginning. Only 15 or so more hours to go until Barnabas shows up. Hopefully Tim Burtan and Johnny Depp's version will work.
You're a stronger soul than me. I'd have skipped all that stuff and cut right to the chase. Wink

Some really old shows - mad4tunes - 08-23-2008

Noelie Wrote:My favorite old show: Dark Shadows.

Oh, yeah...I used to rush home from school and lose sleep to watch Dark Shadows. That's where I developed a serious lust for Kate Jackson.

And whatever happened to Kathryn Lee Scott (she played Maggie)?

Some really old shows - Noelie - 08-23-2008

mad4tunes Wrote:Oh, yeah...I used to rush home from school and lose sleep to watch Dark Shadows. That's where I developed a serious lust for Kate Jackson.

David Selby (Quentin) was my first crush. Wink

Some really old shows - mad4tunes - 08-24-2008

On a more positive note, I did see where "Time Tunnel" is now available on DVD, as is "The Prisoner".

Some really old shows - Ken Valentine - 08-24-2008

mad4tunes Wrote:On a more positive note, I did see where "Time Tunnel" is now available on DVD, as is "The Prisoner".
THE PRISONER has been on DVD for a few years now. Biggles has the set, I have the set, and I believe Kenji may have the set as well.

Ken V.

Some really old shows - mad4tunes - 08-24-2008

Ken Valentine Wrote:THE PRISONER has been on DVD for a few years now. Biggles has the set, I have the set, and I believe Kenji may have the set as well.

Ken V.

Yeah, I knew that about "The Prisoner".

I just thought about another TV show that was on for a very short period of time that I enjoyed..."Slattery's People" starring Richard Crenna.

My sister is in the process of watching the entire series of the original "Lost In Space". She had a major crush on Mark Goddard ("Major Dan West").

Some really old shows - Ken Valentine - 08-24-2008

mad4tunes Wrote:I just thought about another TV show that was on for a very short period of time that I enjoyed..."Slattery's People" starring Richard Crenna.
I remember Richard Crenna from "Our Miss Brooks," I have never heard of Slattery's People.

Quote:My sister is in the process of watching the entire series of the original "Lost In Space". She had a major crush on Mark Goddard ("Major Dan West").
I've heard of Lost In Space, although I don't know if I ever actually saw it.

I spent most of my childhood trying to keep the adults from figuring out what I was up to. Big Grin

Ken V.

Some really old shows - cobalt - 08-24-2008

I'm more of a Sci Fi fan. Alfred Hitchcock, Twilight Zone, Star Trek reruns kept me entertained as a kid.

Some really old shows - mad4tunes - 08-26-2008

ImDeranged Wrote:She continues to pop up and guest star in various tv shows. She still is involved in Dark Shadows releasing books through her company.
Big Finish Audio has also revived DS as audio cds set in present time. She stars again as Maggie coming home to Collinwood for the first time in years.

Ah.

Nice to know. Although once Kate Jackson showed up, my heart was gone Big Grin!!

What part of Spanaway are you in, Deranged? I used to manage a trailer park and storage unit out on 112th and Pacific Avenue (just off the 512 freeway) back in the late 1970s.

It was right across the street from Franklin Pierce High School. I don't even know if it's still there, and I don't even remember what it was called...I think it was Sentry Trailer Park and Storage.

Yeah, Cobalt, I was more into SF then, but there weren't a lot of good SF shows on back in the 1960s...you had "Lost In Space" (which wasn't much for SF, really); "Star Trek" (I referred to it as "Wagon Train Goes To Space", much to my foster dad's chagrin); and "Time Tunnel".

I liked the concept behind "Time Tunnel". The only show I've seen since then had a similar concept I enjoyed was "Quantum Leap".