RepairmanJack.com Forums
Collateral - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Collateral (/thread-292.html)

Pages: 1 2

Collateral - Kenji - 03-07-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:Rent a car requires identification and personal information which can be used later to track you.

Ah......you're right. But he is professional assassin. I think he can make a fake identification and fake personal information. Well, but if he did it, movie's story would be completely different........ :p

Collateral - Dave - 03-07-2005

Kenji Wrote:Ah......you're right. But he is professional assassin. I think he can make a fake identification and fake personal information. Well, but if he did it, movie's story would be completely different........ :p

Minor Spoilers, beware!!!!

He also wanted someone to pin it on. It was alluded to in the film that a few months previous a taxi driver went around town killing people and then committed suicide. Reading between the lines, Tom had been to LA before, and that was why he chose a taxi.

Dave

Collateral - Kenji - 03-07-2005

Dave Wrote:He also wanted someone to pin it on. It was alluded to in the film that a few months previous a taxi driver went around town killing people and then committed suicide. Reading between teh lines, Tom had been to LA before, and that was why he chose a taxi.

Dave

Oh, I see! I got it.....well, I need see it again. I must buy DVD and watch it. Big Grin

Thanks, Dave.

Collateral - Paige - 03-07-2005

Dave Wrote:Minor Spoilers, beware!!!!

He also wanted someone to pin it on. It was alluded to in the film that a few months previous a taxi driver went around town killing people and then committed suicide. Reading between the lines, Tom had been to LA before, and that was why he chose a taxi.

Dave

actually i think he mentioned that it was in Philly. Doesn't really matter. I've alwasy wanted to know what Vincent's story was. Why did he became a killer for hire.

Collateral - Maggers - 03-07-2005

Paige Wrote:actually i think he mentioned that it was in Philly. Doesn't really matter. I've alwasy wanted to know what Vincent's story was. Why did he became a killer for hire.

SPOILERs**************************

or as I seem to keep typing it

SPOIKERS******************************

Vincent told Max (Jamie Foxx) the story about his dad being a drunk and beating his mother and eventually, Vincent said, he killed his father. After a solemn Max said, "I'm sorry," Vincent burst out laughing and said he was kidding. He didn't kill his father.

But he did say again later that his father was a drunk, and I believe he alluded to beatings again. I wouldn't say that was the sole reason for Vincent turning out as he did, but that sort of seriously disordered, violent upbringing can be a breeding ground for a sociopath.

Who knows for sure, though. The story died with Vincent on that train.

P.S. From the way Fanning (Mark Rufalo's character) spoke of the previous taxi cab killings/suicide that were pinned on the supposedly suicided driver, it sounded to me as if he was aware of the details and was familiar with the case. I got the strong impression that the previous case was in LA, and Fanning never agreed with the detectives on that case.