RepairmanJack.com Forums
Best Film Deaths - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Best Film Deaths (/thread-2666.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Best Film Deaths - Sigokat - 01-05-2008

XiaoYu Wrote:I forget if this is Terminator 1 or 2, but that person who got skewered through the throat while drinking a carton of something. Milk? Juice? I still remember that death, even though the details of the movie escape me.

He was actually skewered through the mouth and the blade came out the back of his head...cool shit.

Best Film Deaths - ccosborne3 - 01-05-2008

The Wild Bunch. I'll never forget that one. Must have taken ten minutes.

Best Film Deaths - ccosborne3 - 01-05-2008

XiaoYu Wrote:I forget if this is Terminator 1 or 2, but that person who got skewered through the throat while drinking a carton of something. Milk? Juice? I still remember that death, even though the details of the movie escape me.

Poker coffee cup. He had a full house.

Best Film Deaths - Blake - 01-06-2008

ccosborne3 Wrote:Poker coffee cup. He had a full house.

[GEEK MODE ON]
No, sigokat's right. The T1000 stabbed the foster father through the mouth as he was drinking a carton of milk, and the carton is stuck on the blade. The scene you're talking about was later in the movie, when a security guard gets stabbed in the eye.
[GEEK MODE OFF]

Blake (yeah, right, like I can turn off "geek mode")

Best Film Deaths - Blake - 01-06-2008

I'll second Kenji's vote for Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner. That may be my favorite death scene in any movie.

More nominations for memorable deaths:

Alec Guinness in the original Star Wars. Kinda freaky when he just disappeared, wasn't it?

Spock in Star Trek II. Okay, they brought him back in the next movie, but I thought it was a great death with a lot of emotion to the scene.

John Hurt in Alien. (I can't believe no one has posted that one yet.)

Quint in Jaws.

Scorpio at the end of Dirty Harry.

Gabriel Byrne in The Usual Suspects.

That's all I can think of for now.

Best Film Deaths - Sigokat - 01-06-2008

Aprilis Wrote:Final Destination 1
when that girl stepped out in front of the bus

and damnit I shouldnt have read this thread because I havent seen Blade Runner or Sweeny Todd yet ...

I agree...I haven't seen Sweeny Todd yet either so that was ruined a little for me.

Maybe the Queens can edit the original post to include a possible spoilers warning...

Best Film Deaths - Flinx - 01-06-2008

ImDeranged Wrote:<snip>

If dogs count (which they should) Ken's victims in A Fish Called Wanda. Those scenes were so wrong and funny at the same time. I feel guilty laughing but couldn't help it. And no I'm not anti-dog I'm a dog owner, or is my dog my owner it's confusing sometimes.

<snip>
Totally agree, very funny.

King Kong

Bambi in Bambi Meets Godzilla

Harry (Bruce Willis) in Armageddon

Best Film Deaths - ccosborne3 - 01-06-2008

Blake Wrote:No, sigokat's right.

He can't be. That would make me wrong. Never happens.

Best Film Deaths - Scott Miller - 01-06-2008

Good choices thus far. I'll add Rutger Hauer pulling the pin on Gene Simmons in Wanted Dead or Alive, the exploding head in Scanners, Norris' chest becoming a mouth in The Thing, and Bruce Dern killing The Duke in a brutal fight in The Cowboys.

Best Film Deaths - Maggers - 01-06-2008

I was going to add some deaths from films still in the theater but I decided not to because folks may not have seen them yet. Seems I'm right.

Be careful in reading this thread. You may find out endings to films you haven't yet seen, both old and new.