RepairmanJack.com Forums
Mythbusters - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Mythbusters (/thread-2655.html)

Pages: 1 2

Mythbusters - Blake - 01-01-2008

Mythbusters is the best!!! My wife and I have both been hooked for a few years now. I don't know if I could pick a favorite, but off the top of my head, a standout was the one where they blew a school bus into the air with a 747's engines. Smile Oh, and the recent "shooting fish in a barrel" episode was an instant classic... especially the end!

Blake

Mythbusters - Silverfish - 01-01-2008

I love watching Mythbusters! Another good episode is the Bondesque ejector seat. It worked first time! That was an amazing piece of technology. There are too many good episodes to name. It's so hard. If you need a laugh, and want to learn science tidbits the easy way (osmosis), you need to watch this show!

Stephanie

Mythbusters - Lisa - 01-01-2008

My kids LOVE Mythbusters, especially Hollis of course! It's a great show. Smile

Mythbusters - The Mad American - 01-01-2008

Maggers Wrote:I know MYTHBUSTERS has been around for quite a while, so I'm late to the game on this one. But I'm just discovering massive doses of MYTHBUSTERS. This show is hilarious and educational. I really like Adam Savage. Very smart, kinda cute and funny red-headed guys catch my fancy. I just laughed myself silly watching Savage attempt to walk on water. That was just too too funny. All of the folks on the show can laugh at themselves and admit mistakes, two very charming traits.

It's a fun show where lots of stuff goes BOOM and you learn about physics and chemistry painlessly.

My wife and I have loved this show for a long time. They have my dream job. I would love to be able to do what they do...so cool.Big Grin

Mythbusters - linusvanpelt - 01-01-2008

Did anyone see their Holiday show myth about setting your Christmas tree on fire with too many lights??? I was amased that a klin dried water starved tree would not catch fire even with 1000 lights. But the slightest spark and bingo.
Im sure there is a lesson to be learned.....

Mythbusters - Schwinn160 - 01-02-2008

I've only seen a few, but I really liked the one where they tested whether or not you could slow your descent to the ground by holding onto a piece of plywood over your head. They destroyed the dummy on that one. Big Grin Hint: don't try it at home.

Mythbusters - Noelie - 01-02-2008

My brother and I watch Mythbusters all the time. I love it. Big Grin Another favorite is the show How It's Made... I've seen some crazy stuff on that one.

Mythbusters - Maggers - 01-02-2008

The Mad American Wrote:My wife and I have loved this show for a long time. They have my dream job. I would love to be able to do what they do...so cool.Big Grin

I also thought they have the coolest jobs on the planet. I was wondering what it would take for me to get one of those jobs. First thing, I'd need have been born a few decades later that I was. Big Grin It would also help to be someone who really knows how to build things out of nothing with no plan handed to you and do it quickly and well. That's a dream of mine, too, to learn my way around a tool shop. I heard Adam tell one of the younger crew to build a catapult in two days because that's the standard turn around time for them.

YIKES! Build a catapult from scratch in two days!!

I have an appreciation for physics and chemistry, so I can watch the show and get what they are saying. But to come up with the formulas to figure out how to test their theories, then build whatever they need, and then destroy it in a scientific fashion...wow, that takes a comfort and understanding of physics and chemistry that I just don't have at my fingertips.

Ahh...so many dreams, so little ability. Big Grin

Mythbusters - cobalt - 01-02-2008

Myth-busters is a hoot to watch. Funny that you would learn something as well! One of my favorite episodes was the best solution to de-skunk the smell left behind. They used a real skunk! But stinky wouldn't "let go" in the small room that he was in with the myth-buster. They had to use bottled scent for the effect......made their eyes water and scared the real skunk. Neat program, we try to catch it when we can.