RepairmanJack.com Forums
Knight Rider movie - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Knight Rider movie (/thread-2627.html)

Pages: 1 2

Knight Rider movie - webby - 12-16-2007

I'm soooo tired of these movies based on mediocre (or downright awful) old tv shows. What is the deal? Isn't anybody in Hollywood coming up the NEW ideas? Or is it just that nobody wants to put up the money for a new idea? This is one trend I'll be very happy to see the end of, as long as they don't stop until they've made the "Quantum Leap" movie. :p

Knight Rider movie - ccosborne3 - 12-16-2007

webby Wrote:I'm soooo tired of these movies based on mediocre (or downright awful) old tv shows. What is the deal? Isn't anybody in Hollywood coming up the NEW ideas? Or is it just that nobody wants to put up the money for a new idea? This is one trend I'll be very happy to see the end of, as long as they don't stop until they've made the "Quantum Leap" movie. :p

I was worried when I saw this thread had twelve replies that the board was collectively losing its mind looking forward to what is bound to be a monumental piece of crap.

Nice to see I was mistaken. Wink

Knight Rider movie - RichE - 12-16-2007

ccosborne3 Wrote:I was worried when I saw this thread had twelve replies that the board was collectively losing its mind looking forward to what is bound to be a monumental piece of crap.

It really would be great to see television do something new-and I'm a big fan of the new 'Galactica' too. Can you imagine, for example, a series based on "WEIRD TALES"? Wonderful collection of great short stories just screaming to be filmed (Ahhhhhh....Seabury Quinn, Lovecraft, Howard....).

Knight Rider movie - Sigokat - 12-17-2007

ccosborne3 Wrote:I was worried when I saw this thread had twelve replies that the board was collectively losing its mind looking forward to what is bound to be a monumental piece of crap.

Honestly, I wouldn't watch a KnightRider movie if it was free...my only comment was about KITT being a Mustang.

Yeah, Airwolf was a cool show...for the time period it was in, but other then that, neither would really be worth seeing IMO...but then again who are any of us to tell anyone else what they should or should not like.

Knight Rider movie - the Oracle - 12-17-2007

Pink helicopter and all!

w00t
Oxenberger Wrote:how about another old classic "Riptide."

-Ox

Knight Rider movie - ccosborne3 - 12-17-2007

sigokat Wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't watch a KnightRider movie if it was free...my only comment was about KITT being a Mustang.

Yeah, Airwolf was a cool show...for the time period it was in, but other then that, neither would really be worth seeing IMO...but then again who are any of us to tell anyone else what they should or should not like.

I only read the last few posts and just assumed everyone was pretty much on the same page. Watch what you like. :p

Knight Rider movie - Sigokat - 12-17-2007

ccosborne3 Wrote:I only read the last few posts and just assumed everyone was pretty much on the same page. Watch what you like. :p

Big Grin

Remember, I openly admitted to liking the Lion King so I am the last person to criticze what others may enjoy...but then again the Lion King fucking rocks!!

Knight Rider movie - beowulf - 12-18-2007

Movies based on old TV shows are proof positive that Hollywood is running out of original ideas. This is why nearly every comic book storyline has been optioned by studios, they are sources of limitless movies (if done right, which they rarely are). Thankfully, we have many authors churning out original plots and characters which producers can feed off...I'm looking at you FPW