RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Keep - Where it all begins? SPOILERS - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Keep - Where it all begins? SPOILERS (/thread-2616.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Keep - Where it all begins? SPOILERS - KRW - 12-08-2007

dejo Wrote:Any one care to fill in this blank? I can't remember Glaeken being specifically mentioned in any of the RJ novels.

possible spoilers from Harbingers and Bloodline, maybe as far back as Gateways. Very minor.

I don't think he has been mentioned by name, but certain appearences lead us to believe he's made a showing in the last two books.

The Keep - Where it all begins? SPOILERS - KRW - 12-08-2007

Britfan Wrote:Stick with the Adversary cycle & many of your questions will be answered

The big decision is whether to read Nightworld, as this comes after the current novels

However I would recomend the rest, you will find some interesting tie ins to the recent RJ books as well as

Reprisal is one of my favorite FPW books and has strong ties to Haunted Air

Cheers

Dave

Very good advise, but he nedds to read "Reborn" before "Reprisal" . These two are directly related to "The Keep", and gives a better understanding of Rasalom and some other key charecters in "Nightworld".
DO NOT READ "NIGHTWORLD' UNTILL YOU HAVE READ THE ENTIRE ADVISERY CYCLE!!!!!!!

In "my"order

1- The Keep
2- Reborn
3- Reprisal
4- The Touch
5- The Tomb

The Keep - Where it all begins? SPOILERS - cobalt - 12-09-2007

Hey Sig,
Hope all is well. You've started the series, now you should read the rest of the cycle. It will explain MUCH, and yet leave you with some questions. That's the neat thing. You just have to "keep" coming back for more.

The Keep - Where it all begins? SPOILERS - Sigokat - 12-09-2007

SickThing Wrote:Glaeken is mention in Crisscross....

Yes I believe that is correct.

Or was it the old woman in Florida (can't remember her name of the top of my head) in Gateways that mentions Glaeken to Jack and that he was weakening and that Jack was chosen as the next Champion...something like that. Unfortunately I do not have my copy of either book here with me so i cannot look up a page # for reference.

I knew I wasn't crazy.

The Keep - Where it all begins? SPOILERS - Sigokat - 12-09-2007

Ok so I need to read everything else listed in the Advesary Cycle series before I read anymore RJ but I must not read Nightworld (AC) until after I read the rest of RJ? Am I getting this correct? So hold off on Nightworld in the AC? Because Nightworld is the final book of the ENTIRE series/story?

Ok, so I guess I hit Reborn next...

The Keep - Where it all begins? SPOILERS - Oxenberger - 12-09-2007

sigokat Wrote:Ok so I need to read everything else listed in the Advesary Cycle series before I read anymore RJ but I must not read Nightworld (AC) until after I read the rest of RJ? Am I getting this correct? So hold off on Nightworld in the AC? Because Nightworld is the final book of the ENTIRE series/story?

Ahhh Reborn. This is one of my favorites. FPW has you twisting in the wind like a leaf in a tornado. The ending is just awesome! Ahh I miss that rush I got when reading the AC for the first time...

The Keep - Where it all begins? SPOILERS - Scott Miller - 12-09-2007

Oxenberger Wrote:Ahhh Reborn. This is one of my favorites. FPW has you twisting in the wind like a leaf in a tornado. The ending is just awesome! Ahh I miss that rush I got when reading the AC for the first time...

I think it is the best horror novel of all time, although it doesn't seem to be one of his more popular books.

The Keep - Where it all begins? SPOILERS - IrishKKC - 12-09-2007

sigokat Wrote:Ok so I need to read everything else listed in the Advesary Cycle series before I read anymore RJ but I must not read Nightworld (AC) until after I read the rest of RJ? Am I getting this correct? So hold off on Nightworld in the AC? Because Nightworld is the final book of the ENTIRE series/story?

thanks for your service sig i myself will be a marine recruit soon. anyways, i read the entire RJ series till i found out about the keep and the rest of the AC. So I read The keep then the touch, reborn and reprisal and I'm holding off on Nightworld because it is the final book in both RJ and AC. The AC is awesome though man especially Reborn and Reprisal enjoy man. Remember read AC up until Reprisal and read all of RJ before Nightworld.

The Keep - Where it all begins? SPOILERS - Ken Valentine - 12-09-2007

KRW Wrote:Very good advise, but he nedds to read "Reborn" before "Reprisal" . These two are directly related to "The Keep", and gives a better understanding of Rasalom and some other key charecters in "Nightworld".
DO NOT READ "NIGHTWORLD' UNTILL YOU HAVE READ THE ENTIRE ADVISERY CYCLE!!!!!!!

In "my"order

1- The Keep
2- Reborn
3- Reprisal
4- The Touch
5- The Tomb

You beat me to it. But there's one change I would make in your list, and that is to reverse the order of the last two books. Read THE TOMB before THE TOUCH.

[SIZE="3"]SPOILER![/SIZE] Highlight to read.

[COLOR="White"]Early on in the latest RJ novel (BLOODLINE) someone mentions to Jack that a certain individual Jack knew, (Walter Erskine) has recently died. Erskine was the one who passed the Dat Tay Vao on to Doctor Bulmer in THE TOUCH, and died immediately after.

So! The events in THE TOUCH begin to take place at the same time as the events in BLOODLINE -- both novels are taking place at the same time.

This is the first really positive linking of a timeline in any of the Adversary Cycle/RJ novels that I have seen -- or at least . . . noticed.[/color]

Ken V.

The Keep - Where it all begins? SPOILERS - jimbow8 - 12-10-2007

Ken Valentine Wrote:(Walter Erskine)
Ken V.
Ahh, OK, thanks. I knew I recognized the name, but I forgot to look it up after I had finished reading.