RepairmanJack.com Forums
Sopranos - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Sopranos (/thread-2277.html)

Pages: 1 2

Sopranos - ccosborne3 - 04-09-2007

Maggers Wrote:I haven't seen it. What's it about?

From what I saw it's about a surfer named John and he's from Cinncinnatti. Also he might be a ghost. It was hard to tell from the crappy trailer. Smile

I'm still bitter about Deadwood. It was my favorite of the HBO shows.

Oh! Also they're going to have a miniseries on next month. It's a western about Wounded Knee. THAT looked good!

Sopranos - ccosborne3 - 04-30-2007

For the record, this has been the Sopranos finest season. Each and every episode has been great. It was heartbreaking how that little kid fell apart last night. Every now and then they have a small story arc with a bit character that just blows me away. Last nights episode was exceptional.

Sopranos - Maggers - 04-30-2007

Well, CC, we often agree, but we don't on this season's "Sopranos." I think it's been awful, simply awful. I've come to realize how much I dislike each and every character, and I'm not rooting for anyone. These long-awaited episodes have been so boring. I no longer care that it's ending, in fact, if it ended tomorrow I wouldn't miss it a bit.

Too bad.

Sopranos - Auskar - 05-01-2007

Maggers Wrote:Well, CC, we often agree, but we don't on this season's "Sopranos." I think it's been awful, simply awful. I've come to realize how much I dislike each and every character, and I'm not rooting for anyone. These long-awaited episodes have been so boring. I no longer care that it's ending, in fact, if it ended tomorrow I wouldn't miss it a bit. Too bad.
Agreed. I'm only watching because I watched all the other seasons. There are absolutely no main characters on the show that I like, anymore. Sunday's show was basically about nothing. If it is the last season, they should at least have a story arc in every show -- instead of just some placeholder episodes.

Sopranos - ccosborne3 - 05-01-2007

Auskar Wrote:Agreed. I'm only watching because I watched all the other seasons. There are absolutely no main characters on the show that I like, anymore. Sunday's show was basically about nothing. If it is the last season, they should at least have a story arc in every show -- instead of just some placeholder episodes.

I'll agree that all the characters are unlikeable. They've always been unlikeable. Basically they're just a bunch of murderers. I think the producers made a conscious effort to dehumanize them after season three.

There were several story arcs in that episode.

Sopranos - NewYorkjoe - 05-01-2007

ccosborne3 Wrote:I'll agree that all the characters are unlikeable. They've always been unlikeable. Basically they're just a bunch of murderers. I think the producers made a conscious effort to dehumanize them after season three.

There were several story arcs in that episode.

I think the book was by Norman Mailer. Basically, it was a comedy plot based on a number of real-life botched assassination attempts by the Mafia. I remember one where the "torpedoes" are loading their pistols with the wrong ammunition (I thnk they were Savage .380 semi-automatics and they were loading them with .38 S&W rounds). They jammed the bullets in the magazines and, naturally, they did not work properly. I know for a fact that that one really happened.

Murder, Inc. had the right idea, ice pick in the back of the head, usually in the movies after the show starts. Up close and personal, no noise, no mess, no fuss, no errors. But, of course, they were Jews and could be counted on to do the job right the first time! Wink After all, no refunds!