RepairmanJack.com Forums
Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) (/thread-215.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - jimbow8 - 07-04-2004

fpw Wrote:I'm reading this little stroll down memory lane and thinking, jeez, I'm one sick dude.
That's why we love ya!

Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - Noelie - 07-04-2004

Quote:I'm reading this little stroll down memory lane and thinking, jeez, I'm one sick dude.

Nope. You're not sick specifically because you write about it, and don't do it. Well, I hope you don't do it.

Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - Animagess - 07-05-2004

Hear hear. Just don't give us any ideas. ...Well, too late, I guess. Might as well keep feeding the fire; you won't hear me complaining!

Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - Ken Valentine - 07-05-2004

Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:What were some of the best scary scenes in FPW's fiction?

I would like to add to everyone elses, the scene in Night World where Carol's husband is in the storm drain -- Gaaaaaaa!

Ken V.

Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - Barry Lee Dejasu - 07-05-2004

Animagess Wrote:The painting scene in HA was marvelous, but the scariest scene (well, concept anyway) would have to be the horrific practice of cutting one off from all physical sensations in Black Wind. And on babies, no less. Shivers up my spine. It almost made me curious- what would happen if you were cut off from all your five senses in that way?

Some people might not have read Black Wind yet, by whatever fault of theirs (like me).

Please, put spoiler warnings!!

Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - Dave - 07-05-2004

SDSwami Wrote:(BTW, I just noticed that The Select isn't listed on the "Books" page of the website along with Sibs. You trying to disown them FPW?)

Word is, only those still in print have the honour.

Dave

Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - Kenji - 07-05-2004

I hate killer bees or something else. So, scariest scene is flying Chew-Wasp in Night World. When I first read the scene, I did shiver! :eek:

Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - jimbow8 - 07-05-2004

Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:Some people might not have read Black Wind yet, by whatever fault of theirs (like me).

Please, put spoiler warnings!!
Sorry, Barry, but you put a big SPOILER WARNING on the Thread Title when YOU started it. It would seem redundant for each post.

Animagess Wrote:The painting scene in HA was marvelous, but the scariest scene (well, concept anyway) would have to be the horrific practice of cutting one off from all physical sensations in Black Wind. And on babies, no less. Shivers up my spine. It almost made me curious- what would happen if you were cut off from all your five senses in that way?
Have you read Sibs and The Select? FPW seems fascinated by this idea of forcefully detaching ones mind from ones body and sensations.

Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - XiaoYu - 07-05-2004

Maybe I'm not very easily scared, but I did admire a lot of scenes for their vividness...

In Haunted Air...that fork job in the eye...whew!

Nightworld:
When Jack sliced a guy's forearm all the way through and basically pinned his hand inside his car's roof...I saw that one in my mind's eye and man it was clever and nasty Wink It was especially vivid when Jack yelled at the guy that he had bled all over the inside of his car.

When Alan was being dragged to his death and he gagged himself to stop his screams...that was both very touching and very scary. I felt both impressed with him and sad for him at once; I think that was very well done.

Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 07-05-2004

fpw Wrote:I'm reading this little stroll down memory lane and thinking, jeez, I'm one sick dude.

Never fear, Paul--you're not alone!