RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Haunted Air SPOILERS (/thread-2098.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - jimbow8 - 12-23-2006

Kenji Wrote:No, she does! We can't hear her sound.:p
And they smell like flowers! Big Grin LOL!

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Manda_W - 12-29-2006

I loved loved loved The Haunted Air, the Kenyon Brothers are 2 of the best characters to emerge from the Jack series (I say that with the list about 95 characters long). But, yeah, Gia is the wet blanket at the party. Aside from her usual drivel, the book was awesome. Gia bashing aside, since Harbringers got brought up, love is blind. All I have to say on that subject.

My advice, re-read Haunted Air and skip over any section that contains Her and it is one hell of a ride.

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Sigokat - 12-29-2006

Manda_W Wrote:I loved loved loved The Haunted Air, the Kenyon Brothers are 2 of the best characters to emerge from the Jack series (I say that with the list about 95 characters long). But, yeah, Gia is the wet blanket at the party. Aside from her usual drivel, the book was awesome. Gia bashing aside, since Harbringers got brought up, love is blind. All I have to say on that subject.

My advice, re-read Haunted Air and skip over any section that contains Her and it is one hell of a ride.

Yeah I just finished The Haunted Air last night. It was great and really helped me get a grasp of the Otherness again (didn't seem to be too much talk of it in the previous two books). The Kenyon brothers were great so I was pretty disheartened to see Charlie die (he was my favorite of the two brothers). Maybe I'm not as sharp as I used to be, but that incident and the priest thing I did not see coming at all. Not trying to bash Gia here, but hopefully this incident as taught her some humility and maybe she'll listen to Jack more in the future (obviously I haven't read past The Haunted Air)...I can only hope.

Overall I think The Haunted Air is my favorite of the series so far that I have read. I'll see how the rest are.

Taking a break from RJ for now. I don't want to burn myself out like I did with Dean Koontz and I have a new sci-fi book called Newton's Wake (can't remember the author) that I need to start on tonight.

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Maggers - 12-29-2006

sigokat Wrote:Yeah I just finished The Haunted Air last night. It was great and really helped me get a grasp of the Otherness again (didn't seem to be too much talk of it in the previous two books). The Kenyon brothers were great....

I know the title of this thread is "The Haunted Air SPOILERS," but I think it would be a good idea to post spoiler alerts in specific posts where key elements of the plots are revealed.

Lots of folks haven't read this book yet.

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Manda_W - 12-29-2006

You think? When SPOILERS is in all caps in the title of the thread, is it necessary to put that disclaimer on every post?

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Scott Miller - 12-30-2006

Manda_W Wrote:You think? When SPOILERS is in all caps in the title of the thread, is it necessary to put that disclaimer on every post?

I'm with you, Manda, I feel no sympathy for anyone with premature information on The Haunted Air if they read this thread.

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Maggers - 12-30-2006

Manda_W Wrote:You think? When SPOILERS is in all caps in the title of the thread, is it necessary to put that disclaimer on every post?

I have the suspicion that folks may not pay close attention to the title of threads. Do what you will. No skin off my nose. I've read the book.

Actually, since Sikokat created the thread and it was his post that I was referencing, forget my suggestion.

But I have seen individuals state (I think Silverfish said this at some time) that even though they haven't read the book, they still scan the threads about the books and are upset when specific details are mentioned. But I guess you're right. If you see spoiler in the title, buyer beware.

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Silverfish - 12-30-2006

There were no spoiler warnings when I inadvertantly read the Harbingers info that was posted in the Gia must stay/go thread.

Stephanie

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Sigokat - 12-30-2006

Alright, hey I'm sorry, but I did post a Spoiler alert on the original post and in my last post. Guess next time I'll just make it bigger and bolder next time

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Dave F - 12-30-2006

Sig - glad you came round to the book, you seemed unsure early on

Having read all the books I still rate this one - partly due to the brothers, I think they are great

Keep reading - there are more treats ahead!