RepairmanJack.com Forums
Order of the Phoenix - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Order of the Phoenix (/thread-2038.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Order of the Phoenix - Dave F - 11-24-2006

Can't wait for final book, I've been one of those people standing in a queue at Borders at midnight ready for the release

Thought Order of the Pheonix was the weakest of the books, but Half Blood Prince was excellent - so high hopes for last book

Order of the Phoenix - jimbow8 - 11-25-2006

Silverfish Wrote:

The book is written, has been written for a long time (in her mind). Publishing date has not been set yet.
As far as I know.

Stephanie
In her mind?!?!? That's a HUGE "NO" then.

Order of the Phoenix - HaroldDemure - 11-26-2006

i am such a Potter nerd. can't wait for this movie, and the anticipation for the final book is eating me up.

Order of the Phoenix - cobalt - 11-26-2006

HaroldDemure Wrote:i am such a Potter nerd. can't wait for this movie, and the anticipation for the final book is eating me up.
I can't wait for the last book. I for one will be out there in line waiting. Sad but true!

Order of the Phoenix - Blake - 12-21-2006

Still no publication date, but book seven now officially has a title:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Blake

Order of the Phoenix - Lisa - 12-21-2006

:eek: That doesn't sound too uplifting. D'you think Harry is a goner?

Order of the Phoenix - GeraldRice - 12-21-2006

I work at a Borders Express and it's to my understanding that the 7th book is going to be 07/07/07; one week before the movie.

Order of the Phoenix - Maggers - 12-21-2006

Lisa Wrote::eek: That doesn't sound too uplifting. D'you think Harry is a goner?

I have a feeling he may be.

I can't recall exactly what was written, but it was the thing that drove Voldemort to seek out Baby Harry and try to kill him. Something about one not seeing the other survive? Help, anyone?

Order of the Phoenix - Blake - 12-22-2006

GeraldRice Wrote:I work at a Borders Express and it's to my understanding that the 7th book is going to be 07/07/07; one week before the movie.

A lot of people have been saying that, for whatever reason, but there is no official release date yet. Maybe it'll happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I think somebody just got the idea in their head that 07/07/07 was somehow "significant." Unless Rowling agrees -- and finishes the book very, very soon -- I doubt that'll be the date.

For comparison, the title of the sixth book was announced more than a year before the book came out. She finished the book that December, and it came out the following July. It's possible Rowling is close to finishing book seven, but I haven't read or heard anything to lead me to believe that. And unless she is, a July 2007 publication date seems really optimistic. But hey, I'd love to be wrong.

Maggers Wrote:I can't recall exactly what was written, but it was the thing that drove Voldemort to seek out Baby Harry and try to kill him. Something about one not seeing the other survive? Help, anyone?

I don't have the book in front of me, so I cheated and got this off of a website (please forgive any inaccuracies and blame said site Smile ):

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches . . . born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies . . . and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not . . . and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives . . . the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies . . ."

That's the prophecy revealed, if memory serves, near the end of book five. Rowling often has pretty major twists to her plots, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are things about the prophecy that we don't know yet and completely change how we view it.

Blake

Order of the Phoenix - cobalt - 12-22-2006

Borders is asking for a show of how many copies you would like to order. No release date yet, but you can line up....to get on the list for the book....before the line starts :confused: