RepairmanJack.com Forums
And The Winner Is… - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: And The Winner Is… (/thread-1999.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

And The Winner Is… - NewYorkjoe - 11-02-2006

Keith the Elder Wrote:Congratulations, New York Joe.

Thought revealing your identity was the kiss of death for this scenario. I was wrong 'bout that.

Once again, Congratulations.

Even a blind hog comes up with a 'tater ever oncet in a while!

Thanks,
NewYorkjoe

Scott Miller Wrote:I don't think you'll be accused of playing favorites by choosing NYJoe; he's nobody's favorite. Big Grin

Congratulations Joe for a truly prickly predicament.

I would expect a "left-handed compliment!" Still, I will value it!

'Sides, I was my momma's favorite (did I mention I was an only child?)
Big Grin

Thanks,
NewYorkjoe

Sourdoughs Wrote:That's a fun read - congratulations, Joe.

I'd love to read more when they're available!

-MarcC

But, unlike Earl Stanley Garner (and some others) he is really only one writer, not a boiler room filled with hack writers churning out quick-selling pulp.

It takes thousands of years to make a diamond, it takes FPW some time to create his literary gems!

NewYorkjoe

webby Wrote:Hmm, well now we know what Wal-Mart security people are really thinking about all day! :eek:

Congrats, Joe!

Coming from a lady of discernment and distinction, it means even more!

NewYorkjoe

And The Winner Is… - Scott Miller - 11-02-2006

NewYorkjoe Wrote:I would expect a "left-handed compliment!" Still, I will value it!

'Sides, I was my momma's favorite (did I mention I was an only child?)
Big Grin

Thanks,
NewYorkjoe

I thought I was being liberal in my praise.

Scott Miller Wrote:I thought I was being liberal in my praise.

another famous New Yorker

. . . . a Communist, 'cause I'm left-handed!
that's the hand I use!
Well, never mind.

("A Simple Desultory Phillipic")

Thanks, Scott, I am undeservedly lucky!

Still, I 'd trade the prize to be a character in a Repairman Jack novel and die in an interesting (and gruesome) way! Now, THAT would be immortality!

NewYorkjoe

And The Winner Is… - webby - 11-02-2006

So Joe, without giving away the details, was there a way for Jack to get out of that "impossible" situation? Smile

webby Wrote:So Joe, without giving away the details, was there a way for Jack to get out of that "impossible" situation? Smile

In the '30s,
one writer left his hero suspended by his heels over a tiger pit, the rope slowly fraying from the flame of a candle at the end of an installment of a serial novel. Seemingly, there was no way he could survive! His audience anticipated the next week's installment to see how he could possible escape. The next installment began . . . "Once out of the pit, . . ." Big Grin

Yes, I believe there is a way, but it will take cunning, subterfuge, preparation, and help!

NewYorkjoe

And The Winner Is… - acfrogg - 11-02-2006

Great Job Joe and Congrats!Big Grin Put my vote in for the runners up (us being able to read them) as well!

acfrogg Wrote:Great Job Joe and Congrats!Big Grin Put my vote in for the runners up (us being able to read them) as well!

Inspiration does not work to a schedule! I was lucky.

NewYorkJoe