RepairmanJack.com Forums
Starwars original Trilogy - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Starwars original Trilogy (/thread-1646.html)

Pages: 1 2

Starwars original Trilogy - Blake - 05-07-2006

neotank Wrote:I thought Jedi was pretty crappy how they changed the song at the end and also in jabba's palace. That irked me.

I disagree about the celebration music. (I don't have strong feelings one way or the other about the one in Jabba's palace.) The old music felt too silly and light-hearted to me, even when I was 11. I'd even go as far as to call it "corny". I think the new music is much better and conveys a more somber mood: victory with a cost.

I agree with virtually everyone else on the planet about Han shooting first. That should never have been changed, and the humor of the "Sorry about the mess" line is lost in the revision. Most of the other changes in that episode, though, I was okay with. I had bigger problems with the little changes in Empire--mostly dialogue changes. What happened to "You're lucky you don't taste very good"? Actually, the same thing happened in Jedi, too: What happened to Han saying "Trust me" to Lando as he's about fire his pistol, seemingly blindly? That used to be funny!

Blake

Starwars original Trilogy - Marc - 05-07-2006

Jay #1 Wrote:George Lucas is giving in to demand. In September, Han shoots first. On DVD.

He's not giving into demand. Lucas has known all along, since stating that he'd NEVER release the original trilogy because it was dead to him, that he WOULD release it after he milked the special editions for all they were worth. He knew that he had to convince the fans they'd never see the original trilogy so they went out and bought the special editions. Now that they have he can claim he was caving into the "demand". Why didn't he do that six years ago when DVD's started to really take off?

It's what his career is... re-releasing new versions of the same movies over and over again. First there was the originals on VHS. Then the THX Remastered. Then the Widescreen Version. Then the Special Editions. During that time he released several versions on LaserDisc. And now that DVD is around he's going to do it again. Once he taps the DVD's he'll move onto the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray sets.

I'm not going to buy into. I'm through being Lucas's dancing monkey.

Starwars original Trilogy - Jay #1 - 05-07-2006

I successfully avoided buying the remade 4, 5, and 6. And I still refuse to buy episodes 1, 2, and 3. So Lucas hasn't made any money off of me except when i bought the original video tape collection years before he started on episode 1. And when I saw episode 3 in the theater. Avoided 1 and 2 until it hit a friend of mines dvd player and I watched it.

so with me. I'm buying the dvd series with those on it. And that's it. I wash my hands of the whole thing, except to test how well he did on making all 6 3d and rereleasing them to theater. If one works, I'll go for number 2.

Marc B. Wrote:y sets.

I'm not going to buy into. I'm through being Lucas's dancing monkey.