RepairmanJack.com Forums
Sims-thoughts and questions- - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Sims-thoughts and questions- (/thread-1429.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Sims-thoughts and questions- - Kenji - 01-10-2006

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Paul's a crafty hombre all right, Kenji. In CONSPIRACIES, he mentioned the New York Fortean Society (sadly defunct). As I glory in membership number 1 and-a-half of that advanced-thinking crew, I asked Paul how he happened to know about us. Did he ever attend a meeting? Does he know John Keel?He replied, just basic research. (Though why he connected our good name with some nut-job groups, I will =never= understand.) :mad:

Calm down, Bluesman. Maybe he's secret member....well, I'm not sure about it, but the title of secret member is good for basic research. Big Grin

Sims-thoughts and questions- - KRW - 01-10-2006

Kenji Wrote:You know Ken,........well, ah.........who is Qwie Chang Kane??? :confused:

Sorry Kenji, he was the charcter in the series "Kung Fu", also known as grasshopper. The rice paper bit was in the intro. Basicaly, when you can walk across rice paper without tearing it, you will be ready. That also goes for snatching pepples from a masters hand. I also probably misspelled the name. All in all it means I have alot to learn. Big Grin

KRW

Sims-thoughts and questions- - Kenji - 01-11-2006

KRW Wrote:Sorry Kenji, he was the charcter in the series "Kung Fu", also known as grasshopper. The rice paper bit was in the intro. Basicaly, when you can walk across rice paper without tearing it, you will be ready. That also goes for snatching pepples from a masters hand. I also probably misspelled the name. All in all it means I have alot to learn. Big Grin

KRW

Ahhhh, I see! Thanks for info. I've never seen "Kung Fu", so I didn't know him....

Oh, and I can't walk across rice paper without tearing it. Big Grin

Sims-thoughts and questions- - KRW - 01-11-2006

Kenji Wrote:Ahhhh, I see! Thanks for info. I've never seen "Kung Fu", so I didn't know him....

Oh, and I can't walk across rice paper without tearing it. Big Grin

Check out the series, I think you'll like it. It starred David Carradine. I believe Bruce Lee came up with the idea but they went with David for the actor. Cool series though. A shaolin priest in the old west!

KRW

Sims-thoughts and questions- - Kenji - 01-13-2006

While I was reading Sims, one thoughts stuck to my mind.

"Why does nobody make this into a movie or TV mini-series?"

The concept of Sims is fit for movie or TV, IMHO. While I was reading Sims, actually, I imagined those actors & actresses.

Patrick Sullivan....Matthew McConaughey
Romy Cadman.....Sandra Bullock
Tome.....Andy Serkis
Zero.....Bruce Willis
Portero....Rock
Ellis Sinclair.....Christian Bale
Mercer Sinclair.... David Thewlis
Abel Voss.....Christopher Walken

I heard about The Touch TV mini-series, but I want to see Sims; Movie or TV mini-series version.

Sims-thoughts and questions- - Maggers - 01-13-2006

Kenji Wrote:While I was reading Sims, one thoughts stuck to my mind.

"Why does nobody make this into a movie or TV mini-series?"

The concept of Sims is fit for movie or TV, IMHO. While I was reading Sims, actually, I imagined those actors & actresses.

Patrick Sullivan....Matthew McConaughey
Romy Cadman.....Sandra Bullock
Tome.....Andy Serkis
Zero.....Bruce Willis
Portero....Rock
Ellis Sinclair.....Christian Bale
Mercer Sinclair.... David Thewlis
Abel Voss.....Christopher Walken

I heard about The Touch TV mini-series, but I want to see Sims; Movie or TV mini-series version.

That would be one expensive TV mini-series, based on the cast alone. Those folks demand mega bucks.

Sims-thoughts and questions- - Kenji - 01-13-2006

Maggers Wrote:That would be one expensive TV mini-series, based on the cast alone. Those folks demand mega bucks.

Yes they are! LOL Big Grin

Those actors&actresses were only a image in my head. I only used my imagination. Everybody's talking "Who'd play Jack?". Just like it. Of course, I know they don't play in TV mini-series. Rolleyes

Sims-thoughts and questions- - tehuti - 10-04-2006

fpw Wrote:1. -- no, but related to Masque and Legacies.

2. -- Just made them up -- all except Meerm, which was a slurred form of Miriam...for reasons I hope are obvious after finishing the book.

3. -- a side effect of the gene manipulation

4. -- Fusosha has expressed no interest yet.

That's it - Legacies! As soon as they mentioned Kaze Group I knew they were in one of the earlier RJ books.

Sims-thoughts and questions- - tehuti - 10-11-2006

I just finished reading Sims last night ant I must say it was a great read. Initially I thought it was going to be a little slow. But the story quickly grabbed me and pulled me in. I guess my favorite character was Zero.

Sims-thoughts and questions- - tenebroust - 10-11-2006

tehuti Wrote:I just finished reading Sims last night ant I must say it was a great read. Initially I thought it was going to be a little slow. But the story quickly grabbed me and pulled me in. I guess my favorite character was Zero.

I originally hesitated a bit in reading this book because the story line seemed a little bizarre for me, but when I did finally start reading it, I couldn't put it down! The thing that really sticks in my mind is the idea of the elite squads of other primates that were used by the military. What a scary scenario! It is somewhat based on a true history, that I'm sure FPW is aware of. Soviet leader Joseph Stalin expressed an interest in making a soldier that would not complain about food and would fight no matter what, so he asked his scientists to see if they could make him a hybrid human simian for the purpose. It's history folks!