RepairmanJack.com Forums
Renting vs Going out to the Movies - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Renting vs Going out to the Movies (/thread-1388.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Renting vs Going out to the Movies - Kenji - 12-17-2005

I LIKE seeing movies in theaters! Big budget movies, low budget movies, action movies, comedy movies, horror movies, romance movies.....whatever the genre, I like seeing movies in theaters. This year, I saw them in theaters.

Supersize me
Stuck on you
Finding Neverland
Ocean's 12
Bourne Supremecy
Spy Bound
Ray
Phantom of the Opera
Stepford Wives
Suspect Zero
Alexander
Ju-on
Machinist
Cellular
Shark Tales
Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind
National Treasure
The Aviator
Flight of the Phoenix
Constantine
Hide and seek
The Life Aquatic
The Butterfly effect
Blade3
Kingdom of heaven
The Interpreter
Ladder49
Million dollar baby
Hostage
The assassination of Richard Nixon
Sahara
The Ring2
Open Water
Danny the dog(Unleashed)
War of the world
Star Wars III/Revenge of the Sith
Island
Riding the bullet
Team America
Land of the Dead
Be Cool
The Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy
Stir of echoes
Fantastic four
Nothing
Cinderella Man
Arsene Lupin
Sin City
Stealth
Domino
Brothers Grimm
Into the blue
Elizabethtown
In her shoes
Dark Water
Harry Potter and the goblet of fire
Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Big Grin

Renting vs Going out to the Movies - Jay #1 - 12-17-2005

in my case. I don't run the risk of having hyper children in the theater. That and, even if I don't have anything to drink, I still get up in the middle of the movie. If I do that at home, all I have to do is pause it. Or if I don't see a particular point, I rewind to catch it.

Renting vs Going out to the Movies - Scott Hajek - 12-18-2005

Holy Crap, Kenji!!! You've seen more movies in the past year than I've seen in the past 12.

Renting vs Going out to the Movies - Ken Valentine - 12-18-2005

KRW Wrote:Home beats the theatre every time, except for the big screen. Maybe soon, that problem will be taken care of too. I do wish I had seen "Open Range" in the theatre, just for the scenes with the open land. As far as that goes, I'd have loved to see the tatonka scene in "Dances with Wolves" on the big screen too.

Those would have been great to see in theater. But I was really disappointed by how loud Serenity was. And the damned commercials were even worse!

If another movie ever comes along that I figure I HAVE to see in theater, I'll wear ear plugs . . . and probably wear electronic muffs over them.

Ken V.

Renting vs Going out to the Movies - t4terrific - 12-18-2005

KRW Wrote:Home beats the theatre every time, except for the big screen. Maybe soon, that problem will be taken care of too. I do wish I had seen "Open Range" in the theatre, just for the scenes with the open land. As far as that goes, I'd have loved to see the tatonka scene in "Dances with Wolves" on the big screen too.

KRW

I wish I could watch The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly on the big screen. Once Upon a Time in the West too. Just make it a Leone Western festival while we're at it.

Renting vs Going out to the Movies - Medusa - 12-18-2005

Jay #1 Wrote:in my case. I don't run the risk of having hyper children in the theater. That and, even if I don't have anything to drink, I still get up in the middle of the movie. If I do that at home, all I have to do is pause it. Or if I don't see a particular point, I rewind to catch it.

Actually now you can get that drink right there in the theater! A beer if you want it:

http://www.alamodrafthouse.com

We've gone several times. This place is cool. The food is just as good as Chili's or Bennigans. The ticket prices are no more than any other theater. They took out evey other row of seats and put tables in. And best of all, they don't allow little children or babies except on certain showings.

Renting vs Going out to the Movies - Terry Willacker - 12-19-2005

My complaint about theaters is that they are often too cold in the summer. My wife and I always change from shorts to long pants and take sweatshirts when we go to a theater in the summer.

Renting vs Going out to the Movies - peachynat - 12-19-2005

Medusa Wrote:Actually now you can get that drink right there in the theater! A beer if you want it:

http://www.alamodrafthouse.com

We've gone several times. This place is cool. The food is just as good as Chili's or Bennigans. The ticket prices are no more than any other theater. They took out evey other row of seats and put tables in. And best of all, they don't allow little children or babies except on certain showings.

That looks pretty cool. Wish there was something like that around where I live.

Renting vs Going out to the Movies - peachynat - 12-19-2005

Kenji~~ I take it you like to go to the movies!! Smile

Renting vs Going out to the Movies - KRW - 12-19-2005

t4terrific Wrote:I wish I could watch The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly on the big screen. Once Upon a Time in the West too. Just make it a Leone Western festival while we're at it.

Josey Wales, when he has the sun to his back against the Comancheros. Rooster Cogburn telling Ned Pepper to fill his hand. The Wizard of Oz tornado scene. The jump in Butch and Sundance.So many before my time.