RepairmanJack.com Forums
Cast your favorite actors - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Cast your favorite actors (/thread-1219.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Cast your favorite actors - Maggers - 09-27-2005

Scott Miller Wrote:Apparently my movie is going to be an EPIC.

ROFL! Scott, you crack me up.

I see a lot of names that should have been on my list ...

Bob Hoskins
Emma Thompson
Audrey Heburn
Johnny Depp
Diane Weist
Sean Penn, you're right about him

And there are a million more.

Scott, do you plan to have the people in the left column played by the people in the right column? Love that set up.

Cast your favorite actors - t4terrific - 09-28-2005

...but it's a favorite actor list. Therefore my omission of Sean Penn was absolutely intentional. I did like Mystic River, a lot. I liked it in spite of, not because of, Sean Penn.

Scott Miller Wrote:Let me correct a glaring omission from everybody's list, love him or hate him, Sean Penn deserves to be mentioned on anybodys best actor list.

Robert DeNiro........................William H. Macy
James Woods........................Tim Roth
Tobey MacGuire.....................Michael Caine
Bill Paxton.............................Paul Giamatti
John Cusack..........................Owen Wilson
Henry Fonda..........................Viggo Mortensen
James Stewart.......................Anthony Hopkins
Christian Bale.........................John Turturro
Laurence Fishburne.................James Gandolfini
Denzel Washington..................Bruce Willis
Samuel L. Jackson...................Steve Buscemi
Willem Dafoe..........................Robin Williams
Christopher Walken.................Gabriel Garcia Bernal
Vincent Price.........................Gary Oldman
Boris Karloff...........................Robert Duvall
Lon Chaney-Sr and Jr..............Ed Harris
Gene Hackman.......................James Caan
Clint....................................Kevin Kline
Bogie...................................Nick Nolte
Edward G. Robinson................John Cleese
Steve Martin.........................Ben Kingsley
Steve McQueen.....................Sam Rockwell
Nicholas Cage........................Liam Neeson
Alec Guinness........................Bob Hoskins
Peter Lorre............................Campbell Scott
Leonardo DiCaprio...................Kevin Bacon
Kevin Spacey.........................Kevin Costner
Chazz Palminteri?....................Robert Loggia
Jeff Goldblum.........................Kurt Russell

My list for females is considerably shorter as I feel as though there are far fewer quality roles for women. That said I usually enjoy performances from Robin Wright-Penn, Diane Wiest, Anjelica Huston, Katherine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn(and if Dave reads this, Creepers by David Morrell has an interesting take on Holly Golightly), Winona Ryder, Kate Blanchett, Julia Stiles, Uma Thurman, Robin Tunney, Jessica Lange, and then the mind goes blank (not soon enough for many of you , I'm sure).

Cast your favorite actors - Scott Miller - 09-28-2005

Maggers Wrote:ROFL! Scott, you crack me up.

I just started generating a list before I read your original post more carefully. And how did Sean Connery not make anybodys list?

Maggers Wrote:Scott, do you plan to have the people in the left column played by the people in the right column? Love that set up.

I hadn't thought of that, but sounds good. They can flip-flop so the left would then get to play the right as well.

Cast your favorite actors - Maggers - 09-28-2005

Scott Miller Wrote:... And how did Sean Connery not make anybodys list?

You are sooooo right! Sean makes my list, big time.

[Image: offtopic-1.gif]In his day, and probably still now, the back of his neck was...scrumptious. What can I say, there are certain parts of the male anatomy that are often overlooked that I really, really like. Forearms, for instance, can make me weak at the knees.

Cast your favorite actors - Scott Miller - 09-28-2005

Started looking more closely at who would be playing who and I would definitely like to see John Turturro play Christian Bale. I guess it would have to Machinist-era Bale. Gandolfini as Fishburne also has potential.

Cast your favorite actors - Terry Willacker - 09-28-2005

Judy Garland
Janet Munro
caroline Munro
Kirsten Dunst
Bogie & Bacall
Clark Gable
Vivian Leigh
Shannen Doherty
Tea Leoni
Fred & ginger
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Emma Thompson
Gene Tierney
Gene Kelly
Gene Hackman
Nicole Kidman
Drew Barrymore
Edward G Robinson
William Shatner
Cindy Williams
and many more

Cast your favorite actors - Maggers - 09-28-2005

Scott Miller Wrote:Started looking more closely at who would be playing who and I would definitely like to see John Turturro play Christian Bale. I guess it would have to Machinist-era Bale. Gandolfini as Fishburne also has potential.

ROFL! Samuel L. Jackson as Steve Buscemi, or vice versa, would be .... exotic.

I think you meant Gael Garcia Bernal (Motorcycle Diaries?), and he'd make an surprising ethnic Christopher Walken.

I really like William H. Macy playing DeNiro. Big Grin

Cast your favorite actors - Sam - 09-28-2005

The Mad American Wrote:I was channel surfing this last Saturday night and stopped on Saturday night live that was a rerun. It was with Will Farrell hosting and Queens of The Stone Age as the musical guest. Most of what I saw was really bad and not really that funny BUT, during one of the musical numbers by Queens of the Stone Age Will Farrell came out on stage dressed as this kind of gooffy 1970s cool rock guy with a big white boy afro and aviator glasses and bell bottoms. He had a percussion block and played with the band, they were all totally serious and Farrell was doing this hip thrusting dance while playing. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I laughed until I cried, then laughed some more.

Sounds like a twist on his famous cow bell skit with Christopher Walken. One of the funniest skit-bits I've ever seen - The hip thrust with his shirt riding up over a pot belly.

Cast your favorite actors - Mick C. - 09-28-2005

Sam Wrote:Sounds like a twist on his famous cow bell skit with Christopher Walken. One of the funniest skit-bits I've ever seen - The hip thrust with his shirt riding up over a pot belly.

That cracks me up everytime.

Cast your favorite actors - Dave - 09-29-2005

Scott Miller Wrote:My list for females is considerably shorter as I feel as though there are far fewer quality roles for women. That said I usually enjoy performances from Robin Wright-Penn, Diane Wiest, Anjelica Huston, Katherine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn(and if Dave reads this, Creepers by David Morrell has an interesting take on Holly Golightly), Winona Ryder, Kate Blanchett, Julia Stiles, Uma Thurman, Robin Tunney, Jessica Lange, and then the mind goes blank (not soon enough for many of you , I'm sure).

I was going to say why no Audrey Hepburn! I'll have to check it out, I liked The Totem (thanks Susan).

Dave