RepairmanJack.com Forums
New Television - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: New Television (/thread-1209.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

New Television - Paige - 09-19-2005

Marc B. Wrote:Bones: Good acting and chemistry between characters. The only pairing that doesn't work yet are the two leads: Bones and Steve(?). Their banter feels like it's something that should have come out later. They haven't worked together before but the banter is like they are old friends. Also, the flow of the show doesn't work... it feels like the producers are trying to combine NYPD Blue and CSI. I also see this show falling into the trap so many shows do: serial killer of the week. Unless the format changes a bit I don't see the show lasting.

The FBI Steve guy talked about how they used to know each other beforehand and had worked together in the past as well, which would account for the way they act around each other. He specifically requested her for the case.

Personally, I'm a fan of Prison Break. I really like the relationship between the two brothers and their dedication to each other. Not to mention those tattoos...*pant*

New Television - Marc - 09-19-2005

Paige Wrote:The FBI Steve guy talked about how they used to know each other beforehand and had worked together in the past as well, which would account for the way they act around each other. He specifically requested her for the case.

I must have missed this exchange during one of the quick and witty conversations.

Was that sarcasm? My radar is malfunctioning.

New Television - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 09-19-2005

Paige--sarcasm? On =Paul's= board? Not now, not ever. We're all =serious= souls here. Way it's gotta be. Wink

New Television - Marc - 09-19-2005

Paige Wrote:Was that sarcasm? My radar is malfunctioning.

Sarcasm towards the show, not you.

New Television - Susan - 09-19-2005

Marc B. Wrote:Okay... with the new season of television starting I thought I'd post a few quick comments on several of the shows I was looking forward to.

Reunion: Good concept. Poorly executed. The acting is pretty bad and the melodrama is horrible. It feels like an after school special. I can't see this show lasting.

Bones: Good acting and chemistry between characters. The only pairing that doesn't work yet are the two leads: Bones and Steve(?). Their banter feels like it's something that should have come out later. They haven't worked together before but the banter is like they are old friends. Also, the flow of the show doesn't work... it feels like the producers are trying to combine NYPD Blue and CSI. I also see this show falling into the trap so many shows do: serial killer of the week. Unless the format changes a bit I don't see the show lasting.

Supernatural: Although not very scary it looks good and the acting is decent. I could have done without the exposition in the beginning but whatever. Looking past that the show has potential.

Threshold: Haven't watched it yet but it is on my DVR and I will be watching it Sunday. I'll comment after.

Anyone else watch these shows? Thoughts?

I saw part of Bones (my hubby didn't like it). I thought it was okay.

I missed Supernatural! Shoot. I'll catch it this week.

Threshold was fun. I really enjoyed it.

Susan

Marc B. Wrote:Sarcasm towards the show, not you.
You know how sometimes it's hard to tell on the internet. Smile

New Television - Maggers - 09-20-2005

I watched "Surface" last night. So-so. Anyone else see it? Actually, there was a nifty scene where a novice scuba diver gets done in, I liked that.

I saw "Threshold," too, I didn't think it was as bad as others have said. Not the greatest, but I'll give it a chance to mature.

New Television - Scott Miller - 09-21-2005

I generally avoid commercial TV, but circumstances find me with a surplus of evening time so I thought I would try on a couple this fall. Last night I watched My Name is Earl and think it has potential. Jason Lee has a charisma about him that I find engaging. The humor is quite crude with enough laughs for me to tune in next week.

Maybe I'm not 'in', but I couldn't stand the fifteen minutes of The Office that followed Earl.

I think Stacy Z. mentioned Invasion, which I will be taping this evening on my ancient VCR so I can zip through the commercials when I get around to watching it.

New Television - Terry Willacker - 09-21-2005

I liked How I met your Mother which features Allyson Hannigan in an ensemble cast. It is opposite Kitchen Confidential with Nicholas Brendan. So, Willow vs Zander for Buffy fans. Mondays at 8:30.

Looking forward to Night Stalker. I was a fan of the original. Last year I watched Smallville followed by Alias on Wednesdays. This year, they are both on Thursdays at 8:00. So, it will be Alias followed by Night Stalker.

I didn't watch Bones, another Buffy alum. Not a fan of crime shows, even though I'm not a girl. I've never seen an episode of CSI or NYPD Blue.

I am looking forward to Invasion. Supernatural looks good.

I always thought The Office was overrated, but then I think the same thing about Seinfeld and Friends and Julia Roberts.

I avoid reality shows with one exception. My wife and I are hooked on the Amazing Race.