RepairmanJack.com Forums
Actor For Jack - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Actor For Jack (/thread-11.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Actor For Jack - Biggles - 07-16-2004

Lisa Wrote:Ioan Gruffudd is also Welsh. I'm not sure what kind of American accent he does, since I've only drooled over him... uh, I mean, watched him... in things where he's had a British accent.

Lisa

Welsh, meaning he's British, not English.

Actor For Jack - nijimeijer - 07-16-2004

Someone suggested Justin Theroux to me. Not sure how I feel about him, but he's in the age range, he's rather regular looking, and he's got the figure. He's currently in Six Feet Under on HBO as Brenda's boyfriend, and he was the psychotic Irish guy in Charlie's Angels 2 (which I have now publicly admitted to seeing). His biggest problem is his receding hairline.

Actor For Jack - hford713 - 07-16-2004

How about a toughened up Billy Crudup (Big Fish, World Traveller - which is excellent) as a suggestion?

Actor For Jack - Lisa - 07-16-2004

Biggles Wrote:Welsh, meaning he's British, not English.

You lost me, Biggles.

Lisa

Actor For Jack - Annice Burdeos - 07-16-2004

Biggles Wrote:That wouldn't necessarily preclude him from being Jack, would it? I don't see Jack coming out before that.

If the Hollywood process is anything like I'm aware of, the casting call is out
now to actors the studio/producers are considering.

Generally in most routine arrangements once the director has been set and a budget approved/agreed upon, then the script is forwarded to those lucky enough

Actor For Jack - Ken Valentine - 07-17-2004

Lisa Wrote:You lost me, Biggles.

Lisa

Wales and Scotland, are two vestigial countries separate from England . . . sorta. Welsh and Scots are British, but not English.

It would be similar -- but not exactly comparable -- to say that Canadians and Mexicans are Americans, but not United Statesians.

(Now I've got her REALLY confused. Heh. Big Grin )

Ken V.

Actor For Jack - Kenji - 07-17-2004

Ken Valentine Wrote:Wales and Scotland, are two vestigial countries separate from England . . . sorta. Welsh and Scots are British, but not English.

It would be similar -- but not exactly comparable -- to say that Canadians and Mexicans are Americans, but not United Statesians.

(Now I've got her REALLY confused. Heh. Big Grin )

Ken V.

World is interesting. Smile

Actor For Jack - jimbow8 - 07-17-2004

How about Ron Eldard?

Actor For Jack - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 07-17-2004

jimbow8 Wrote:How about Ron Eldard?

Not bad! But maybe just a tad too handsome for the way Jack is described.

Actor For Jack - nijimeijer - 07-18-2004

jimbow8 Wrote:How about Ron Eldard?

I kind of thought the same thing after seeing House of Sand and Fog (which was horrible, but in a good way--it made you feel absolutely horrible the whole time); but I think he's a bit on the older side.