RepairmanJack.com Forums
Who's Your Cast? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Who's Your Cast? (/thread-2952.html)

Who's Your Cast? - Wapitikev - 10-26-2008

persephoneslove Wrote:I thought Glaeken was black?

or am I thinking of someone else?

Must be someone else.

In "Demonsong" it states that Glaeken has red hair.

In my limited experience, I've never seen anyone of African descent with red hair.

If memory serves, both the descriptions of Glaeken from The Keep and from Reborn, as well as the other character's reactions to him, all suggest that he can pass for caucasian.

-Wapitikev

Who's Your Cast? - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 10-26-2008

Wapitikev Wrote:Must be someone else.

In my limited experience, I've never seen anyone of African descent with red hair.

If memory serves, both the descriptions of Glaeken from The Keep and from Reborn, as well as the other character's reactions to him, all suggest that he can pass for caucasian.

-Wapitikev

Yup. He's an old white man.

Who's Your Cast? - wdg3rd - 10-26-2008

Wapitikev Wrote:Must be someone else.

-Wapitikev

He can pass, but he's older than the break between the branches of the human species north and south of the Mediterranean. (Not that there was ever a solid break).

If you've never seen a red-headed person of african descent, you must live somewhere with few residents of african descent. Look up the term "red-headed stepchild". And red hair is not rare among the !kung and other tribes of Bushmen, though they rarely crossbreed with anybody else.

Who's Your Cast? - Ken Valentine - 10-26-2008

persephoneslove Wrote:I thought Glaeken was black?
He was described as having red hair, olive skin, and blue eyes. It's the "olive skin" part that's unusual.

Ken V.

Who's Your Cast? - Wapitikev - 10-26-2008

wdg3rd Wrote:If you've never seen a red-headed person of african descent, you must live somewhere with few residents of african descent.

I resemble that remark.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Who's Your Cast? - persephoneslove - 10-31-2008

My not-quite-so-fanatacal-as-you-guys side must be showing, better slap that with a shovel and bury back where it belongs before the minions find out. Minions are scary when they find out they've been usurped by someone who just lost their part-time job at Macy's. Tehehehe. I hated that job anyway.

:birthday: to mom, love percy

Who's Your Cast? - Wapitikev - 11-01-2008

persephoneslove Wrote:My not-quite-so-fanatacal-as-you-guys side must be showing, better slap that with a shovel and bury back where it belongs before the minions find out. Minions are scary when they find out they've been usurped by someone who just lost their part-time job at Macy's. Tehehehe. I hated that job anyway.

:birthday: to mom, love percy

Don't give up, little 'Seph. Another, better job is just around the corner.

And don't worry about not coming by as often as some. We'll still adore ya (especially if you keep the faith on the Repairman Jack movie).

-Wapitikev

Who's Your Cast? - JessC_Timekiller - 11-01-2008

All I know is that when this movie comes out, we will all be blown away by it's awsomeness. And I don't care if it comes out next year or the year after, as long as i have something to look forward to.

Who's Your Cast? - Wapitikev - 11-01-2008

JessC_Timekiller Wrote:All I know is that when this movie comes out, we will all be blown away by it's awsomeness. And I don't care if it comes out next year or the year after, as long as i have something to look forward to.

Try 2015. Now THAT'S some serious looking forward to do. Welcome to the Repairman Jack line-party.

-Wapitikev

Who's Your Cast? - persephoneslove - 11-03-2008

On the bright side is that by the time the movie comes out I'll probably have my fiance convinced that Repairman Jack is the greatest thing in the world. If it doesn't happen by 2015, I may just have to kill him and feed him to a rakosh.
:crossedlips: