RepairmanJack.com Forums
title help - maybe - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: title help - maybe (/thread-2489.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

title help - maybe - saynomore - 10-02-2007

Scott Miller Wrote:I like it too. From day 1 suggestions.

Goes to show you: Great minds think alike.

Back to the drawing board.

Smile
AC

title help - maybe - linusvanpelt - 10-02-2007

As far as I see it , everyone has a dictionary..... Mine is Webster...

title help - maybe - webby - 10-03-2007

Scott Miller Wrote:I like it too. From day 1 suggestions.

[Image: 9.gif] OMG - so sorry, Scott! I guess I was reading through them too fast on that first day.

To the Hilt is definitely my favorite suggestion by far, even if there is some word limit on titles. Since I already gave AC the trophy smiley, you get a great big gold star for thinking of it first!

[Image: 441.gif]

title help - maybe - Lisa - 10-03-2007

Too bad RONIN is already taken by an excellent film, because that seems like it might fit the story. Maybe Ronin Blade or Ronin's Edge?

title help - maybe - ccosborne3 - 10-03-2007

Auskar Wrote:Huh?

Nevermind that. You still have a few hours left to man up and put a bet in on your Angels. I'll accept any wager.

title help - maybe - bones weep tedium - 10-03-2007

157 posts later and we're still nowhere near a cool title for this book.

It seems to me that what we're all struggling with is trying to think of a cool title that incorporates 'sword' imagery and interesting alternative meanings, without sounding like 12 year olds naming their WoW characters. Rolleyes

Might I make a suggestion?

It would be much easier for everyone concerned if we could come up with a cool title first, and then get FPW involved to write the book around the title. I think that this would be the most efficient method of naming the next RJ novel.

SO here it is. . .

[SIZE="4"]
PUDDING CATASTROPHE
[/SIZE]

There you go, FPW, it's all up to you now. :p

title help - maybe - Sigokat - 10-03-2007

fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]So far I’m calling the twelfth RJ novel CUTTING EDGE. It fits the story but I’m open to suggestions.

As usual, subplots abound, but the main storyline is this (no spoilers here since all this is laid out in the first 2 chapters):

Jack is hired to find a stolen samurai sword – a katana. The victim can’t go to he cops because the blade was stolen in 1955 from the Hiroshima Peace Museum. The blade is damaged, pocked with holes, but it was made by the renowned ancient swordsmith Masamune.

Turns out Jack’s not the only one looking for it. (Lots of blasts from the past in this one)

So...can anyone come up with something better than Cutting Edge? Since the katana is the plot's maguffin, the title must make some reference to a blade.

As with Lisa and Harbinbgers, you'll be credited in print for the title if I use it.[/SIZE]

Forgotten Blade
Forgotten
The Lonely Samurai
The Broken Blade
Lost Soul
The Wandering Samurai

:confused:

title help - maybe - Scott Hajek - 10-03-2007

Lisa Wrote:Too bad RONIN is already taken by an excellent film, because that seems like it might fit the story. Maybe Ronin Blade or Ronin's Edge?

Oooh, ooh. How about "Repairman and Ronin"?

title help - maybe - Dave F - 10-03-2007

bones weep tedium Wrote:It seems to me that what we're all struggling with is trying to think of a cool title that incorporates 'sword' imagery and interesting alternative meanings, without sounding like 12 year olds naming their WoW characters. Rolleyes

Actually Da-Ku Sai was the name of my City of Heroes character, my WOW dwarf paladin is actually called.........................................

title help - maybe - linusvanpelt - 10-03-2007

I guess

The Tainted Katana

is out of the question

Linus