RepairmanJack.com Forums
LOST Tonight!! - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: LOST Tonight!! (/thread-2194.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

LOST Tonight!! - cobalt - 03-15-2007

Maggers Wrote:The Others' camp being on the same island as the crash survivors was made clear several episodes ago. Juliette told that to Jack, and I think Ben's daughter told them, too. At any rate, that was no surprise.

What do you mean? How did he come to die? Locke threw him into whatever force field exists between the pylons that encircle the Others' camp.

Wow, how did you come to that? That's an interesting theory.

I was thinking things were begining to make a LITTLE more sense, though nothing is as it seems on LOST.
Sorry Maggers...I just jotted a few thoughts on my lunch.
The Others may have said they were on the same island as the survivors.....but I don't trust them...they lie and bend the truth so often....I just didn't believe it again.
The Russian was "kept" in a compound in the center of a force field. Locke throwing him out did kill him, but why was he there in that house....left alone in the first palce? I think he was promised to be left alone, alone from Dharma, the others, the survivors? Was he a rougue? Punished?

As for Hurley....he has a history of mental illness, his "girlfriend" was also a patient in the same place as he....he just doesn't remember it. Although, he knew her face from "somewhere". Hurley blames himself for the crash....he's cursed since winning all that money with the numbers from Australia....the numbers were written on the plane. Just a feeling I have.

LOST Tonight!! - Auskar - 03-15-2007

I have to say (in spite of my usual bitching), that last night was a pretty good episode. Plus, I watched it on my new television.

Boy, I bet Kate is going to be pretty pissed at Jack once they "rescue" him....

LOST Tonight!! - ccosborne3 - 03-15-2007

Auskar Wrote:Boy, I bet Kate is going to be pretty pissed at Jack once they "rescue" him....

What happened to Jack? two days before he was giving everybody on the boat dirty looks and now he's all buddy buddy with them.

1. They gave him the brainwash treatment.

2. Whatever they're up to is so important and good for humankind that they won him over.

3. He's faking it.

I bet on 2.

LOST Tonight!! - Medusa - 03-15-2007

Maggers Wrote:If we remember the second season....In Australia, Ana Lucia was playing chauffeur to Jack's father; he had her take him to a house at night in the pouring rain. He pounded on the door and asked to speak to someone. I want to say that he actually said the name "Claire" but I don't know if that's accurate; I'll have to check that out. A blond woman answered the door. The scene was shot from a distance so we can't see who it is, but it's clear whoever it is doesn't like him much. She slammed the door on him and Jack's dad stumbled back to the car. Ana Lucia asked him what that was all about, but he didn't answer directly. She suggests to Jack's dad that maybe it's time to go home, back to America. He says no, she says yes. Eventually she gets on the plane and the rest is history.

From that scene, it was clear that Jack's dad had a history with someone in Australia, but who knew it would be Claire! I suspected it would be someone on the island and that it would be revealed in time, but I didn't think of Claire at all.

I enjoyed the episode. I can't wait to see Locke's backstory next week, how he wound up in the wheelchair. I suspect it must have something to do with his father. On the island, conflicted relationships with fathers figure prominently in nearly everyone's history.

I remember that. I remember joking to my husband at the time that the "daughter" would be Claire. Wow! Last night's episode was great!

LOST Tonight!! - Maggers - 03-15-2007

Medusa Wrote:I remember that. I remember joking to my husband at the time that the "daughter" would be Claire. Wow! Last night's episode was great!

Pretting good guessing! What do you think we'll find out about Locke?

LOST Tonight!! - Lisa - 03-15-2007

Okay, for once I feel sorta smart. I thought it was blatantly obvious when Jack's dad went to visit that Australian chick that he was Claire's dad. The woman looked exactly like Claire from a distance. I actually was under the impression that it was an established "unsaid" fact that Claire and Jack were brother/sister. I was surprised to read here that you guys were surprised. You are usually way ahead of me.

See, all that Lifetime Television for Women viewing, it pays off!

LOST Tonight!! - Maggers - 03-16-2007

Lisa Wrote:Okay, for once I feel sorta smart. I thought it was blatantly obvious when Jack's dad went to visit that Australian chick that he was Claire's dad. The woman looked exactly like Claire from a distance. I actually was under the impression that it was an established "unsaid" fact that Claire and Jack were brother/sister. I was surprised to read here that you guys were surprised. You are usually way ahead of me.

See, all that Lifetime Television for Women viewing, it pays off!

Well done, dear Queen. You saw more than I; I couldn't see the woman that well. Darn these aging eyes.

It would be fun to hear about connections amongst the characters that people have seen or think they've seen that haven't yet been revealed. I can't think of any, but brains more clever than mine probably have.

Connections anyone, fanciful or otherwise?

LOST Tonight!! - ccosborne3 - 03-21-2007

Maggers Wrote:Connections anyone, fanciful or otherwise?

I dont want to figure anything out. I'd rather take it as it comes. Tonights episode looks like another good one. They seem to be on a roll.

LOST Tonight!! - Maggers - 03-21-2007

ccosborne3 Wrote:I dont want to figure anything out. I'd rather take it as it comes. Tonights episode looks like another good one. They seem to be on a roll.

I'm actually with you on this. Though I post here with thoughts immediately following an episode, I generally just let the show flow over me. Whatever I get, I get. The rest will be revealed in time.

LOST Tonight!! - Lisa - 03-22-2007

Oh my goodness... the trip out the window was classic Lost. ROTFL.