RepairmanJack.com Forums
Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? (/thread-837.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - Kenji - 02-22-2005

RepairmanTom Wrote:Hi all. Just to pique your curiousity, here are a few more names. If my recall is correct, in an older thread FPW had said one of the names mentioned there was the name of said actor. True or am I imagining things?

Anyhoo,it was said in the "news" section said actor was a "hot young" property, maybe not a superstar,but surely a rising star? I don't know all these young 'uns (I leave that to my son) but here are a few I came up with in the 25-30ish range (sure that some were mentioned before!).

Please discuss & correct me as I am the newbie (but diehard) RJ fan!

1.Stuart Townsend (at 32 probably too old for the profile)
2.Leonardo DiCaprio (same deal @30?)
3.Orlando Bloom (a pretty hot young star@28)
4.Sean William Scott (already mentioned)
5.Colin Farrell (27)
6.Elijah Wood (24)
7.Tobey Maguire (again)
8.Heath Ledger (one of my favorites,surprised he is only 25???)
9.Jude Law (again too old @32?)
10.Freddie Prinze Jr. (28)
11.Ryan Reynolds (28)

Keeping the pot stirring... Rolleyes

Welcome to the board, RepairmanTom.

Stuart Townsent is good for Rafe Losmara(sp?) in Reprisal.

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - Mike - 02-22-2005

undefinedundefinedundefined
matthewsmommy Wrote:Seems a coincidence that right after I wanted the mystery man to reveal himself that Tom here decides to join the boards, huh? :p
I do believe we've found our actor!
Welcome to the board, Tom. (Hanks and Cruise are too old, right?) Big Grin

Both are in their 40's.

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - dejo - 02-23-2005

Mike Wrote:undefinedundefinedundefined

Both are in their 40's.

Yes, but Colin Hanks, Tom's son IS 26. More misdirection?

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - nijimeijer - 02-23-2005

Kenji Wrote:Welcome to the board, RepairmanTom.

Stuart Townsent is good for Rafe Losmara(sp?) in Reprisal.

Recently, I've thought that Jonathan Rhys-Meyers could make a pretty decent Rafe Losmara, or even Rasalom. He's pretty wicked in Gormenghast.

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - Biggles - 02-23-2005

RepairmanTom Wrote:Hi all. Just to pique your curiousity, here are a few more names. If my recall is correct, in an older thread FPW had said one of the names mentioned there was the name of said actor. True or am I imagining things?

Anyhoo,it was said in the "news" section said actor was a "hot young" property, maybe not a superstar,but surely a rising star? I don't know all these young 'uns (I leave that to my son) but here are a few I came up with in the 25-30ish range (sure that some were mentioned before!).

Please discuss & correct me as I am the newbie (but diehard) RJ fan!

1.Stuart Townsend (at 32 probably too old for the profile)
2.Leonardo DiCaprio (same deal @30?)
3.Orlando Bloom (a pretty hot young star@28)
4.Sean William Scott (already mentioned)
5.Colin Farrell (27)
6.Elijah Wood (24)
7.Tobey Maguire (again)
8.Heath Ledger (one of my favorites,surprised he is only 25???)
9.Jude Law (again too old @32?)
10.Freddie Prinze Jr. (28)
11.Ryan Reynolds (28)

Keeping the pot stirring... Rolleyes

I think Colin Farrell would be perfect.

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - Sam - 02-23-2005

dejo Wrote:Yes, but Colin Hanks, Tom's son IS 26. More misdirection?

Then there is Shane West who played TOM Sawyer in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. He is also 26. Hmm...

But then Council Tucky is in Iowa and Bryce Johnson (27) lived there a while. He is a Popular actor. Don't know where the Tom thing would come in, but...Owww!!! Brain spasms!!!!!!!!! Rolleyes

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - RepairmanTom - 02-24-2005

Sheesh! And I thought I was a conspiracy theorist!!! Big Grin

Alas, I am no-one of importance in the film community. Repeat. I am an
average guy who works very hard at being average and invisible (LOL), and am not (as much as I'd like to pretend) your mystery actor. Sad

My name,however, is TOM, and I really do live in Council Tucky (not quite the name of the real city), Iowa (real state). Pat where did you get Iowa from anyhow? Council Tucky is a nickname for our fair city though, but I only thought the locals called it that (or them thar big city dwellers across the river!). I would award bonus points to the first one who tells me where I really live (I think Pat already knows).

Biggles,thanks for telling me your choice from the list! This has been driving my wife & I crazy trying to come up with who will be Jack! I think the key may be the phrase "big-name". In my mind only Leo,Orlando,Colin,Tobey & Heath might fall under that category if it's to be taken literally. FPW said he hasn't seen that much of him,but said he has to be able to play light and dark stuff (and has?). All the previous candidates surely would pass there.Tobey & Leo are just plain "big stars",even without the "young" part. I omitted Ashton because in no way,shape or form could he be Jack IMO. My choices personally speaking would have to be Heath Ledger, Orlando Bloom or Ryan Reynolds. Colin's face isn't that forgettable,and I just don't see him as Jack. Of those 3, Ryan Reynolds strikes me as more the everyman I associate (and picture in my mind) as Jack.

Please feel free to speculate further (but not about me. Crikey!)

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - jimbow8 - 02-24-2005

RepairmanTom Wrote:Please feel free to speculate further (but not about me. Crikey!)
I'm still going with Ron Eldard. This picture is right on to me.
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=95]

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - Mike - 02-24-2005

undefinedundefinedundefined
jimbow8 Wrote:I'm still going with Ron Eldard. This picture is right on to me.

He does look the part! It wouldn't take much to make him look like he's in his thirties, either.

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - Keith the Elder - 02-24-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:I'm still going with Ron Eldard. This picture is right on to me.

Never heard of him, but he really fits the bill.

Put me down as "for"

keith the elder