RepairmanJack.com Forums
25 Cinematic Cliches I Never Wanna See Again - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: 25 Cinematic Cliches I Never Wanna See Again (/thread-1790.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

25 Cinematic Cliches I Never Wanna See Again - Ashe - 07-24-2007

How about...

1) Glocks (or any hammerless Semi-auto) that have a hammer cocking noise when the shooter wants to scare someone.
2) Any semi-auto that continues to make a click, click noise when the shooter pulls the trigger after the mag is empty and the slide is locked to the rear.
3) How thermal Imagers show heat on a blue to red scale when all but the most expensive (100K+) show heat on a white to black graduated grey scale.
4) Night vision that blinds the user when a bright light is shined into it.
5) Fire extinguishers that explode when shot.
6) nobody notices the bad guy laying down in the back seat during the day or in a lit parking lot.
7) Nobody ever trips running up a fire escape ( I can barely walk up one with out tripping sometimes)
8) nobody gets rope burn afer sliding down a rope, pole, wire, ect.
9) When someone falls and they manage to catch a ledge, rope, ect. with one hand and hold on.
10) When someone with a rope tied around thier waist falls and the rope catches them they dont end up with a broken back.

25 Cinematic Cliches I Never Wanna See Again - Auskar - 07-24-2007

neotank Wrote:Chinese food comes in those white boxes in my area. So I must disagree with that one Smile
Chinese food generally comes in white boxes around here, at least at some places. Lately, other places put the rice in the white box but the main dishes in a styrofoam or plastic container.

25 Cinematic Cliches I Never Wanna See Again - bones weep tedium - 07-25-2007

XamberB Wrote:In every horror movie, the non-virginal girls get killed off while the virgin usually gets saved.

Hazel

The 'Final Girl' is also usually androgynous.

13. If someone dies with their eyes open, someone will close them by effortlessly moving their hand over the deceased face — and they will remain tightly shut.

I always wondered why this happens. It seems such a ridiculous thing, but it happens all the time in all sorts of films, and I have always wondered if this is how you actually would close a dead person's eyes or not.

Is it? :confused:

Ashe Wrote:How about...

1) Glocks (or any hammerless Semi-auto) that have a hammer cocking noise when the shooter wants to scare someone.
2) Any semi-auto that continues to make a click, click noise when the shooter pulls the trigger after the mag is empty and the slide is locked to the rear.
3) How thermal Imagers show heat on a blue to red scale when all but the most expensive (100K+) show heat on a white to black graduated grey scale.
5) Fire extinguishers that explode when shot.
6) nobody notices the bad guy laying down in the back seat during the day or in a lit parking lot.
7) Nobody ever trips running up a fire escape ( I can barely walk up one with out tripping sometimes)
8) nobody gets rope burn afer sliding down a rope, pole, wire, ect.
9) When someone falls and they manage to catch a ledge, rope, ect. with one hand and hold on.
10) When someone with a rope tied around thier waist falls and the rope catches them they dont end up with a broken back.

Do you mean it wouldn't? I always thought it would. Surely it would. Would it?

I think this is funny as well. When someone is falling off the top of a building, and they grab onto something so that's alright then. No, if they were falling fast enough from high enough that it would kill them when they landed, they'd just snap their wrist and then die. Big Grin

Dunno much about guns, but it has always struck me as really naff that whenever someone is holding a gun and moves it around, it makes a constant oily clicky sort of noise, like the entire thing is coming loose and about to fall apart in the protagonist's hand. Rolleyes

25 Cinematic Cliches I Never Wanna See Again - Susan - 07-25-2007

3 things that drive me nuts in films and television shows:
  1. When someone is working on a computer they only use the keyboard and never a mouse. I mean, who does that?
  2. DNA and tox screen results come back same day. In real life it could take weeks or months.
  3. Witnesses and suspects interrogated or interviewed by someone who is not in law enforcement. For example, a medical examiner "investigates" and questions a murder suspect. Reality? I don't think so!
Susan

25 Cinematic Cliches I Never Wanna See Again - GeraldRice - 07-25-2007

Susan Wrote:3 things that drive me nuts in films and television shows:
  1. Witnesses and suspects interrogated or interviewed by someone who is not in law enforcement. For example, a medical examiner "investigates" and questions a murder suspect. Reality? I don't think so!
Susan

Oh, you mean like Crossing Jordan and CSI? That's why I can't bring myself to watch those shows. Well, that and the fact they're so poorly written.

25 Cinematic Cliches I Never Wanna See Again - phoenix rising - 07-25-2007

Ken Valentine Wrote:I've had to hold them until they stayed closed. Guess that's why they used to put coins on the eyelids.

Ken V.

Actually that was to pay the ferry man as mentioned earlier....too bad he never got paid much....

What about the chickin horror movies who always runs in eels, slowly, only to fall and twist her ankle??? Take the shoes off bitch!!!!!

25 Cinematic Cliches I Never Wanna See Again - cobalt - 07-25-2007

bones weep tedium Wrote:13. If someone dies with their eyes open, someone will close them by effortlessly moving their hand over the deceased face — and they will remain tightly shut.

I always wondered why this happens. It seems such a ridiculous thing, but it happens all the time in all sorts of films, and I have always wondered if this is how you actually would close a dead person's eyes or not.

Is it? :confused:
Well....not to be morbid.......if the dead person's eyes are not closed...(some don't shut).....you COULD TRY to close them. A "wave" of the hand will not do it. You must push the lid down. In some cases, the lids will not stay down.

25 Cinematic Cliches I Never Wanna See Again - phoenix rising - 07-25-2007

Do you mean it wouldn't? I always thought it would. Surely it would. Would it?

Nah it wouldn't it would just not work until the light is killed and it readjusts so to speak. (not the most technical person)