RepairmanJack.com Forums
What was your first? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: What was your first? (/thread-1774.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

What was your first? - furin - 10-15-2006

Thank you for the welcome webby, and yes, I am in Higginsville, MO.

What was your first? - webby - 10-15-2006

furin Wrote:Thank you for the welcome webby, and yes, I am in Higginsville, MO.

Neat! Hubby and I were in Higginsville a couple of times last month. Once when we were coming back from camping at Arrow Rock and avoiding I-70 traffic back to KC. The other time was when we stopped off on our way to a picnic event in Jeff City.

Also, the tiny little company I work for maintains the Higginsville Chamber of Commerce web site. Nice people, nice town. Smile

What was your first? - cobalt - 10-15-2006

Welcome aboard Furin.

What was your first? - tenebroust - 10-15-2006

cobalt79 Wrote:Welcome aboard Furin.

I extend my welcome as well. I don't know for sure but I think my first F. Paul Wilson read was "The Keep", but it might have been "The Barrens" because of the Cthulhu Mythos angle.

What was your first? - KRW - 10-16-2006

tenebroust Wrote:I extend my welcome as well. I don't know for sure but I think my first F. Paul Wilson read was "The Keep", but it might have been "The Barrens" because of the Cthulhu Mythos angle.

If you know the Cthulhu Mythos angle, you're way ahead of me. I've been working off the "Jack is Righteous and Rasalom sucks eggs" mythos.

What was your first? - tenebroust - 10-16-2006

KRW Wrote:If you know the Cthulhu Mythos angle, you're way ahead of me. I've been working off the "Jack is Righteous and Rasalom sucks eggs" mythos.

Right, that'll work!! Now that I think of it I'm pretty sure it was "The Barrens".
I think I first became interested in FPW because of the Cthulhu Mythos. In looking for material to read in that vein I had occasion to pick up a copy of "A Cthulhu Mythos Bibliography & Concordance" by Chris Jarocha-Ernst, printed by Armitage House. On page 267 (of my edition) of the Bibliography section are entries 2581, and 2582 which are F. Paul Wilson. "The Keep", and F. Paul Wilson "The Barrens" respectively. They are included because the stories mention things that are elements of the Cthulhu Mythos, props, if you will. I'd like to think that the Adversary Cycle is FPW's personal sojourn into this arena and a fleshing out of his unique view of the Cosmic Forces that we encounter in Lovecraft and all those who came after him. He also came up with one hell of an interesting character along the way in RJ!!

What was your first? - KRW - 10-16-2006

tenebroust Wrote:Right, that'll work!! Now that I think of it I'm pretty sure it was "The Barrens".
I think I first became interested in FPW because of the Cthulhu Mythos. In looking for material to read in that vein I had occasion to pick up a copy of "A Cthulhu Mythos Bibliography & Concordance" by Chris Jarocha-Ernst, printed by Armitage House. On page 267 (of my edition) of the Bibliography section are entries 2581, and 2582 which are F. Paul Wilson. "The Keep", and F. Paul Wilson "The Barrens" respectively. They are included because the stories mention things that are elements of the Cthulhu Mythos, props, if you will. I'd like to think that the Adversary Cycle is FPW's personal sojourn into this arena and a fleshing out of his unique view of the Cosmic Forces that we encounter in Lovecraft and all those who came after him. He also came up with one hell of an interesting character along the way in RJ!!

In the years to come, the question will be asked... Did FPW introuduce us to Jack? Or did Jack introduce us to FPW?

What was your first? - tenebroust - 10-16-2006

KRW Wrote:In the years to come, the question will be asked... Did FPW introuduce us to Jack? Or did Jack introduce us to FPW?

The Everyman who is No One! The one guy you just gotta have on your side, if you don't you're screwed! Jack is one of the most well rounded and fleshed out characters in print today.

What was your first? - Maggers - 10-16-2006

KRW Wrote:In the years to come, the question will be asked... Did FPW introuduce us to Jack? Or did Jack introduce us to FPW?

That's a lovely thought, and I kinda get chills thinking about it. It's a wonderful circle. FPW introduced me to Jack and then Jack introduced me to FPW, who is one fabu guy.

What was your first? - furin - 10-16-2006

Ah... chamber of commerce website.. that's my homepage on my computer.. lol..

And thank you to the others who have welcomed me.

And as for Rasalom.................. yeah... number one favorite villain what with all his twistedness, so deliciously evil. Maybe that's why I enjoy Conspiracies so much (or maybe its cause he's wearing an armani suit). Definately loved the Rasalom in 'The Keep'. 'The Keep' was the first non-RJ book of F. Paul Wilson's I have read. I need to pick up the other Adversary Cycle books but unfortunately the bookstore closest to me doesn't sell them.. so I have to wait till I go to the city to find them.

(on a note... to show how much I like Rasalom.. I named my hamster after him because he was pitch black >.>)