RepairmanJack.com Forums
Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! (/thread-952.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - jimbow8 - 06-01-2005

Jay #1 Wrote:Besides, doesn't anyone remember the interview where Harrison Ford said he hated star wars? Apparently before Empire Strikes Back, he was already sick of it all. But stayed on anyway.
No, I've never heard that.

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Jay #1 - 06-01-2005

A few friends of mine caught it when it happened.

jimbow8 Wrote:No, I've never heard that.

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Blake - 06-01-2005

Jay #1 Wrote:Besides, doesn't anyone remember the interview where Harrison Ford said he hated star wars? Apparently before Empire Strikes Back, he was already sick of it all. But stayed on anyway.

I've never heard that, though I imagine he was contractually obligated anyway. Are there any quotes/references? Just curious. I've only ever heard Harrison Ford say two negative things about Star Wars that I can think of: The infamous "You can write this shit, George, but you can't say it" and a more recent interview in which he said he wouldn't play Han Solo again. He said something about the character being one-dimensional. In the same interview, though, he said he'd play Indiana Jones again "in a New York minute."

On a related note: Word is Lucas and Spielberg have finally both approved a script for Indy IV and are just waiting for Ford's approval.

Blake

(Edited for typo.)

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Jay #1 - 06-01-2005

*shakes head* Whatever interview it was, predated 1993. I can't remember what the date was. But, I do have a segment of interview from a Mark Hamill one. Here's something to put into perspective for those who complain about the dialogue and acting.

The children's fairy tale part is what sticks out in my mind. He also stated somewhere in there that most of the actors had been going no place at all till they got parts in Star Wars.

People saw STAR WARS and saw me as that bland hero and as somebody not capable of portraying somebody of depth. What a lot of people still don't realize is that STAR WARS was a children's fairy tale, and so it stands to reason that the protagonist, Luke Skywalker, would be the least interesting character. Yes, there have been drawbacks, but they've been fun to overcome. STAR WARS certainly helped me in my New York theater career, because people were coming to the theater not knowing what to expect.

Blake Wrote:I've never heard that, though I imagine he was contractually obligated anyway. Are there any quotes/references? Just curious.
Blake

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Blake - 06-01-2005

I found a quote about Obi-Wan maiming Vader. It's in the same article I linked to earlier, the 1977 Rolling Stone one! I guess I forgot!

George Lucas, 1977 Rolling Stone article Wrote:It's about Ben and Luke's father and Vader when they are young Jedi knights. But Vader kills Luke's father, then Ben and Vader have a confrontation, just like they have in Star Wars, and Ben almost kills Vader. As a matter of fact, he falls into a volcanic pit and gets fried and is one destroyed being. That's why he has to wear the suit with a mask, because it's a breathing mask. It's like a walking iron lung. His face is all horrible inside. I was going to shoot a close-up of Vader where you could see the inside of his face, but then we said, no, no, it would destroy the mystique of the whole thing.

Of course, he doesn't say anything about Vader being Luke's father here. I get the impression that was always one of the story lines in his head, but he waffled back and forth about whether he should do it.

Blake

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - KRW - 06-02-2005

Blake Wrote:I found a quote about Obi-Wan maiming Vader. It's in the same article I linked to earlier, the 1977 Rolling Stone one! I guess I forgot!

Of course, he doesn't say anything about Vader being Luke's father here. I get the impression that was always one of the story lines in his head, but he waffled back and forth about whether he should do it.

Blake

Thanks Blake, that's cool!

KRW

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - KRW - 06-02-2005

dejo Wrote:The only books that currently seem to cover the time period between Episodes III and IV deal with Lando Calrissian or Han Solo. Here's a good webpage that covers the whole timeline:

STAR WARS: The Novels--What Happened When?

I've heard that there are upcoming novels that will deal more with the time period between III and IV, however.

Thanks Dejo, I'll check it out.

KRW

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Ken Valentine - 06-02-2005

KRW Wrote:You have got to be kidding me. Neil? The Anarchist? Who would have thought!
That's too cool!

El Neil is a cool guy. I've known him for over 20 years.

I think you would like his first novel, THE PROBABILITY BROACH. (1980) It's still in print. It's a Sci-Fi novel about a Denver homicide detective who -- while investigating the murder of a physicist -- accidentally gets transported into a parallel universe where congress hasn't met for thirty years, there is very little crime, no taxes, and everybody carries a gun.

Ken V.

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Dave - 06-02-2005

This about sums up my feelings. Very funny.

SWIII: ROTS - The Abridged Script

Dave

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Marc - 06-02-2005

Dave Wrote:This about sums up my feelings. Very funny.

SWIII: ROTS - The Abridged Script

Now that's funny!