RepairmanJack.com Forums
Shark Tale - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Shark Tale (/thread-783.html)

Pages: 1 2

Shark Tale - Kenji - 03-13-2005

This evening I went to see Shark Tale in theater, and I just got back from theater. Well......maybe almost people already saw this movie, but here in Japan, an opening day was last week. (Somebody will say "Too late, too late!") :p

This is very fun! If you like "Finding Nemo" and "Shreck", you'll like it.(Somebody will say "Of course!") Interesting things were characters and voice actors. Robert DeNiro's Don Lino, his character has a mole, like a DeNiro. Will Smith, Angelina Jolie, Renee Zellweger, their characters were similar to themselves. Especially, Martin Scorsese's Sykes, his character's eyebrow, high pitch speaking...that's definitely Martine Scorsese! Big Grin

Beautiful CG, good songs and music, funny characters, wonderful voice actors.....Lastly, I just wanna say one word, "Excellent!" Smile

Shark Tale - stacyzinda123 - 03-14-2005

Kenji Wrote:Beautiful CG, good songs and music, funny characters, wonderful voice actors.....Lastly, I just wanna say one word, "Excellent!" Smile

I haven't seen that yet, but it looks really cute. I loved the Incredibles and some of those other movies. I also really enjoy Will Smith. I prefer to be able to see him, but his voice will do! Big Grin

Shark Tale - Kenji - 03-14-2005

stacyzinda123 Wrote:I haven't seen that yet, but it looks really cute. I loved the Incredibles and some of those other movies. I also really enjoy Will Smith. I prefer to be able to see him, but his voice will do! Big Grin

Finding Nemo + The Incredibles = Shark Tale. Big Grin (If you see it, you'll know what I mean.)

Shark Tale - Maggers - 03-14-2005

Kenji Wrote:Finding Nemo + The Incredibles = Shark Tale. Big Grin (If you see it, you'll know what I mean.)

I have to disagree with you on one part of your statement, Kenji. No way does "Shark Tales" compare with "The Incredibles." "The Incredibles" is in a category of excellence all by itself.

"Shark Tale" was enjoyable, mostly for DeNiro and Scorsese.

Shark Tale - Scott Miller - 03-14-2005

Maggers Wrote:I have to disagree with you on one part of your statement, Kenji. No way does "Shark Tales" compare with "The Incredibles." "The Incredibles" is in a category of excellence all by itself.

"Shark Tale" was enjoyable, mostly for DeNiro and Scorsese.

I feel the same, Shark Tale is not in the same league as any of the Pixar films. I didn't mind it, but if I never see it again I won't feel cheated. My kids dug it, however.

The Incredibles would have received the best picture Oscar if I was in charge. And it is the best action flick of recent vintage that I can recall. I just got done watching it 5 times in a week and never got bored with it. I'm sure that most of you watch the extras on DVDs, but if you don't usually, you should take the time on this one. Jack-Jack Attack is well worth seeing.

Shark Tale - Medusa - 03-14-2005

You know, I don't care how old I am. I LOVE those Pixar movies. Shrek 1 and 2, Nemo, Incredibles and Shark Tale. Even if we didn't have a kid I would go to see them. They are hilarious! There's sublte humor in them that soar right over the little kids heads. Unfortunately my son is 12 so he gets them all!

Medusa Wrote:You know, I don't care how old I am. I LOVE those Pixar movies. Shrek 1 and 2, Nemo, Incredibles and Shark Tale. Even if we didn't have a kid I would go to see them. They are hilarious! There's sublte humor in them that soar right over the little kids heads. Unfortunately my son is 12 so he gets them all!

I don't have any children, and I always catch the Pixar animated movies. They're too darn good to miss!

Shark Tale - jimbow8 - 03-14-2005

Medusa Wrote:You know, I don't care how old I am. I LOVE those Pixar movies. Shrek 1 and 2, Nemo, Incredibles and Shark Tale. Even if we didn't have a kid I would go to see them. They are hilarious! There's sublte humor in them that soar right over the little kids heads. Unfortunately my son is 12 so he gets them all!
Actually the Pixar movies are A Bug's Life, Toy Story and Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles. (Pixar has now split from Disney.)

Shrek, Shrek 2, and Shark Tale are DreamWorks.

I like the Pixar movies much better, but the Dreamworks movies are also pretty good (Shrek and Shrek 2). I haven't seen Shark Tale yet.

Shark Tale - Scott Miller - 03-14-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:Actually the Pixar movies are A Bug's Life, Toy Story and Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles. (Pixar has now split from Disney.)

Shrek, Shrek 2, and Shark Tale are DreamWorks.

I like the Pixar movies much better, but the Dreamworks movies are also pretty good (Shrek and Shrek 2). I haven't seen Shark Tale yet.

I agree that the Pixar films are superior. Ice Age is also from Dreamworks.

Scott Miller Wrote:I agree that the Pixar films are superior. Ice Age is also from Dreamworks.

Now that I see how they sort out, I would also agree that Pixar's films are better. But I did like the Shreks, alot.