RepairmanJack.com Forums
intro and question - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: intro and question (/thread-679.html)

Pages: 1 2

intro and question - John Carter - 01-31-2005

Hello,
I am a Repairman Jack fan. A few years ago I met my favorite rapper in the world. We became good friends and later I found out he was a book worm who can read about two pages a second. I'm not hyping this up either, I've seen him read a hundred page book in less than a minute and remember almost every detail He took a job at Borders Book Seller so he could read more books for free.
One day last year he told me about this book the Sims. I told my wife and for my birthday last year she went out to look for it. She couldn't find it locally, so she ordered it. To have something wrapped up on my B-Day, she purchased the Keep and Hosts. I read Hosts first and became hooked. I'm not an exceptionally fast reader, but I had surgery three days after my birthday and was bedridden for two weeks. I read all the Repairman Jack novels up in to that point within a week. Gateways came out shortly after I finished ALL THE RAGE. I had crackhead withdrawl until Crisscross came out.

I live in California and I am also a musician. However, my record lable is based out of Monroe New York. I went on tour in August of 2004 and stayed a couple of nights in Monroe, and I was wondering if this was the Monroe that is mentioned in all the RJ novels. I had always assumed Monroe was in New Jersey.

Could someone please tell me if this is the Monroe in the Repairman Jack Books.

Thanks
John Carter

intro and question - KRW - 01-31-2005

John Carter Wrote:Hello,
I am a Repairman Jack fan. A few years ago I met my favorite rapper in the world. We became good friends and later I found out he was a book worm who can read about two pages a second. I'm not hyping this up either, I've seen him read a hundred page book in less than a minute and remember almost every detail He took a job at Borders Book Seller so he could read more books for free.
One day last year he told me about this book the Sims. I told my wife and for my birthday last year she went out to look for it. She couldn't find it locally, so she ordered it. To have something wrapped up on my B-Day, she purchased the Keep and Hosts. I read Hosts first and became hooked. I'm not an exceptionally fast reader, but I had surgery three days after my birthday and was bedridden for two weeks. I read all the Repairman Jack novels up in to that point within a week. Gateways came out shortly after I finished ALL THE RAGE. I had crackhead withdrawl until Crisscross came out.

I live in California and I am also a musician. However, my record lable is based out of Monroe New York. I went on tour in August of 2004 and stayed a couple of nights in Monroe, and I was wondering if this was the Monroe that is mentioned in all the RJ novels. I had always assumed Monroe was in New Jersey.

Thanks
John Carter

Welcome to the board John! To answer your question, I'll have to say I'm not sure. I always thought it was a fictional town made up by FPW. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

KRW

intro and question - Maggers - 01-31-2005

Hi John,
Welcome to the Board! It's a wild and crazy place and lots of fun!

Where in the state of New York is your Monroe? The fictional RJ Monroe is in Nassau County, on the north shore of Long Island, not far from Glen Cove.

Have fun!

Maggers

PS I just edited this post to emphasize that the RJ town is fictional, but supposedly located as I stated.

intro and question - Dave - 01-31-2005

KRW Wrote:Welcome to the board John! To answer your question, I'll have to say I'm not sure. I always thought it was a fictional town made up by FPW. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

KRW

I'll second Ken's answer. It was originally created for the book The Touch, and then later became a setting for Reborn, and subsequently has been used in the RJ books.

And welcome, John.

Dave

intro and question - Lisa - 01-31-2005

Welcome to the board, John. How's Mars?

Lisa

intro and question - Dave - 01-31-2005

Lisa Wrote:Welcome to the board, John. How's Mars?

Lisa

And I was gonna say Chicago.

Dave

intro and question - Susan - 01-31-2005

John Carter Wrote:Hello,

Thanks
John Carter

Welcome, John.

I think FPW said he made Monroe up, but I could be wrong.

Susan

intro and question - the Oracle - 01-31-2005

Welcome to the pleasure dome!

I think the Barrens is in NJ and Monroe is a fictional town in Long Island (NY).

But, I dunno.

(:

Have fun!

intro and question - jimbow8 - 01-31-2005

the Oracle Wrote:Welcome to the pleasure dome!

I think the Barrens is in NJ and Monroe is a fictional town in Long Island (NY).

But, I dunno.

(:

Have fun!
I thought that Monroe was a real town with a fictional history for FPW's purposes.

intro and question - the Oracle - 01-31-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:I thought that Monroe was a real town with a fictional history for FPW's purposes.
Like I said, "I dunno."

(;

-Rip