RepairmanJack.com Forums
What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What so-called "Bombs" did you like? (/thread-624.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Medusa - 01-13-2005

My husband and I tended to like some of the so-called bombs! One of our favorites was The Fifth Element. Critics said it was Bruce Willis' worst movie. We loved it! Another favorite that the critics hated was Battlefield Earth. We even like some of those cheesy movies that they play over and over on the movie channels when they have nothing else to play: Krull, Clash of the Titans, Sword and the Sorceror. . . Or am I just showing my age. hee hee

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Maggers - 01-13-2005

"Faster, Pussy Cat, Kill Kill!"

That's one of my all time favorite baddies.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Marc - 01-13-2005

The Fifth Element has its core fan-base. I for one love it. It's funny, action packed, good story... nothing really to dislike about it.

Bomb movies that I like:

Josey and the Pussycats
Cruel Intentions
Donnie Darko
The Big Lebowski
The Big Blue
Starship Troopers

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Scott Miller - 01-13-2005

Medusa Wrote:One of our favorites was The Fifth Element. Critics said it was Bruce Willis' worst movie.

I thought that honor went to Hudson Hawk or Blind Date.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - APhew - 01-13-2005

"The Fifth Element" is one of my favorite films of all time.

"The Chronicles of Riddick" is another one.

"Starship Troopers" was just good fun.

I love "Donnie Darko" and "Below", but they really didn't bomb because they weren't given a very wide release. Most people didn't discover them until DVD.

I like a lot of other movies that were generally panned, but still did good at the Box Office, so they wouldn't apply here. There's also the other side of the spectrum with movie blockbusters that I didn't like. "The Last Samurai" would make that list.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - jimbow8 - 01-13-2005

APhew Wrote:"The Fifth Element" is one of my favorite films of all time.

"The Chronicles of Riddick" is another one.

"Starship Troopers" was just good fun.

I love "Donnie Darko" and "Below", but they really didn't bomb because they weren't given a very wide release. Most people didn't discover them until DVD.

I like a lot of other movies that were generally panned, but still did good at the Box Office, so they wouldn't apply here. There's also the other side of the spectrum with movie blockbusters that I didn't like. "The Last Samurai" would make that list.

I agree with everything you say here, except I don't remember if I have seen Below.

The "bomb" that I am very fond of is Waterworld. The main criticism was that it cost so much money to make. I don't care; I paid the same as any other movie.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Scott Hajek - 01-13-2005

Count me among the 6 people in the entire world that likes "Howard the Duck." May George Lucas issue a two-disc DVD Special Edition!!!

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - maxplay - 01-13-2005

I liked The Fifth Element, too. My favorite guilty pleasure is Army of Darkness (which bombed at the box office, but went on to become a cult classic on video).

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Scott Hajek - 01-13-2005

I'm assuming that "bombs" mean critical AND financial failures. There are way too many good movies that "bombed" at the box office, but were very successful with critics; others that became hits after release to home video; and others that made a ton of money, were huge hits but really were overhyped trash.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Sam - 01-13-2005

The 13th Warrior
Brazil
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Don't think these were complete bombs, but pretty close.