RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Next Generation Last Thread - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Next Generation Last Thread (/thread-4776.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

The Next Generation Last Thread - cobalt - 02-18-2013

Someone had to start a new one. Smile

This thread is just a place to talk and pass the time. Remember the PM feature.....we should use it accordingly.

The Next Generation Last Thread - Medusa - 02-18-2013

I saw Next Generation and I immediately thought Star Trek. ha ha

The Next Generation Last Thread - cobalt - 02-18-2013

I'm a Trekkie...so it influenced me. Smile

The Next Generation Last Thread - DaveStrorm - 02-18-2013

Medusa Wrote:I saw Next Generation and I immediately thought Star Trek. ha ha

Ditto. Big Grin

The Next Generation Last Thread - Brian - 02-18-2013

Star Trek is a good topic. Can't wait for that new movie to come out.

The Next Generation Last Thread - Sigokat - 02-19-2013

cobalt Wrote:I'm a Trekkie...so it influenced me. Smile

You're the first person I've ever known to say they are a Trekkie, but that they prefer Star Wars over Star Trek. Guess there's a first for everything!

DS9 > TOS > Next Generation > Enterprise > Voyager

The Next Generation Last Thread - Medusa - 02-19-2013

They are keeping the bad guy's character and some of the story under wraps. The rumors are it will be Khan but who knows.
Brian Wrote:Star Trek is a good topic. Can't wait for that new movie to come out.

They've stated that Cumberbatch's character's name is John Harrison. Whether that is a diversion of not I'm not sure. I just don't really see how they can make him Khan because the timeline was not yet altered when Khan was exiled into space aboard the Botany Bay after the Eugenic Wars.

I've heard speculation that if he's not Khan that he could be another augment, but again, its difficult to understand why he would be determined to destroy Kirk, earth, and whatever else when Kirk hasn't "done" anything to him yet.

I don't know, but it will be interesting to see...well when i get my bootleg copy since I'll still be over here when it comes out...damnit.

In 2005 I started a fanfic story called Out of the Darkness. It takes place during the Next Generation era and involves augments from the Eugenic Wars that had fought against Khan and how they left Earth after Khan did with the help of Gary Seven and Roberta Lincoln on another DY class ship similar to the Botany Bay and were sent to a planet to "start a new life". The Next Gen crew happens upon their planet and soon discovers their true identities (there's a whole reason behind how they are still alive all those years later as well). I mean...I'm not saying JJ reads fanfiction on that (or any) particular site...but...

The Next Generation Last Thread - Fenian1916 - 02-19-2013

May the force be with you