RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Descent 2 - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Descent 2 (/thread-3296.html)

Pages: 1 2

The Descent 2 - GeraldRice - 02-13-2009

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/bdtv/2743

It looks pretty good and the very hot Natalie Mendoza is in it.

The Descent 2 - Tony H - 02-13-2009

I LOVED the first one...it was the first movie in a long time that creeped me out. It was very claustrophobic at parts and that freaked me out because I am EXTREMELY claustrophobic...to the point that on a subway in Boston i announced to the train that I had a contagious rash just so people would move away from me.

The Descent 2 - GeraldRice - 02-13-2009

AsMoral Wrote:I LOVED the first one...it was the first movie in a long time that creeped me out. It was very claustrophobic at parts and that freaked me out because I am EXTREMELY claustrophobic...to the point that on a subway in Boston i announced to the train that I had a contagious rash just so people would move away from me.

Ah, but what if some dude just sidled up to you and said, "Me too."?

The Descent 2 - Tony H - 02-13-2009

GeraldRice Wrote:Ah, but what if some dude just sidled up to you and said, "Me too."?

I would have pulled the chord.

The Descent 2 - bones weep tedium - 02-13-2009

I clicked the link, and it said the trailer had been taken down at Lionsgate's insistence.

Nice way to score a home goal, Lionsgate. Stop the advertisiing for new film from being given free publicity. Rolleyes

Anyway, is this the British film with the spelunkers, or the american one with Cole Hauser in it? I liked the British one well enough, didnt get round to watching the other one yet.

The Descent 2 - Wapitikev - 02-13-2009

Cole Hauser's movie was called The Cave.

The working title is The Descent: Part 2, and the main character recurs so I'd say it is the British one. Neil Marshall is not back to direct, however.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev Wrote:Cole Hauser's movie was called The Cave.

Oh yeah. Was it any good? The naff cover kinda puts me off a bit... looks v similar which is why I got mixed up.

Quote:The working title is The Descent: Part 2, and the main character recurs so I'd say it is the British one.

That's stoooopid. She was rubbish. I really wanted the hot oriental girly to win... Sad

Quote: Neil Marshall is not back to direct, however.

Good, the guy's a shambles. It says a lot about the state of the British film industry that this muppet keeps getting to make films. Did you see Doomsday? What a mess. :dontknow:

Quote:-Wapitikev

Wappitttikiev...... that sounds familiar.....

Aren't you that guy? You know, the one from the newspaper? The guy that killed all those people on that boat? :eek:

The Descent 2 - Wapitikev - 02-13-2009

bones weep tedium Wrote:Oh yeah. Was it any good? The naff cover kinda puts me off a bit... looks v similar which is why I got mixed up.
Heard bad reviews from people I trust...never saw it.

Quote:That's stoooopid. She was rubbish. I really wanted the hot oriental girly to win... Sad

Good, the guy's a shambles. It says a lot about the state of the British film industry that this muppet keeps getting to make films. Did you see Doomsday? What a mess. :dontknow:

It was a botched remake of about 10 different movies...but Rhona Mitra was easy on the eyes.

Quote:Wappitttikiev...that sounds familiar...Aren't you that guy? You know, the one from the newspaper? The guy that killed all those people on that boat? :eek:
Well, after killing your parents, I had to do something for an encore. :eek:

-Wapitikev

The Descent 2 - Gard - 02-13-2009

I loved, loved, loved, loved, loved, loved, LOOOVED that flick!!!!

It was a total surprise. I saw it with my girlfriend at the time, in NJ, and was inspired to go because I heard a review on 770 am on the way down from where I lived in New England. The reviewer was great, not giving anything away, only saying that it was about a group of women who go cave diving and find... something... down there. He even said that to tell any more would be to spoil a discovery for people that will really satisfy them. Well done.

The DVD has the UK ending attached to it, seamlessly. Only problem? I liked the US ending better. If they're bringing back the main character, that makes me happy. As a guy who loves pretty women, I think my delight is easily explained. As far as story goes, I'm kind of happy to think she might have gotten out of there.. Might have...

Be Seeing You!

What's the US ending? The only one I have seen is where [SPOILER]the bit of her escaping was a dream, and the final shot is her - mad as a badger - dying in the dark.[/SPOILER]

I thought it was a bit silly trying to bring her back after that, but then again when have horror sequels ever been any good? :dontknow: