RepairmanJack.com Forums
Symbolism of The type of dog associated with the dog lady - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Symbolism of The type of dog associated with the dog lady (/thread-3088.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Symbolism of The type of dog associated with the dog lady - berrymastiff - 10-13-2008

A smattering of different dog types. It might be interesting to see a Japanese lady with a Tosa Inu. Or a South African lady with a Boerboel. I would take those dogs in a fight with chew wasps. Hell, maybe even in a fight with Roma. Look them up....

On another note:

I tend to belive that the dog lady is a manifestation of Gaia. Certainly she matches the description of a personification of the earth. And check out of the Gaia Hypothesis... sounds like blending the earth in parrallel with the Otherness and wherever the Ally is from.

Symbolism of The type of dog associated with the dog lady - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 10-13-2008

berrymastiff Wrote:A smattering of different dog types. It might be interesting to see a Japanese lady with a Tosa Inu. Or a South African lady with a Boerboel. I would take those dogs in a fight with chew wasps. Hell, maybe even in a fight with Roma. Look them up....

On another note:

I tend to belive that the dog lady is a manifestation of Gaia. Certainly she matches the description of a personification of the earth. And check out of the Gaia Hypothesis... sounds like blending the earth in parrallel with the Otherness and wherever the Ally is from.

The first dog lady was named Herta. An anagram for...

Symbolism of The type of dog associated with the dog lady - berrymastiff - 10-13-2008

However, wasn't Srem said to be associated with the oracle at Delphi? Well, guess who was supposed to be the original oracle at delphi? That would be Gaia....so is Srem Gaia, of whom is the Dog Lady?

Symbolism of The type of dog associated with the dog lady - cobalt - 10-14-2008

berrymastiff Wrote:However, wasn't Srem said to be associated with the oracle at Delphi? Well, guess who was supposed to be the original oracle at delphi? That would be Gaia....so is Srem Gaia, of whom is the Dog Lady?

That's what I've come to believe.

Symbolism of The type of dog associated with the dog lady - Legion - 10-14-2008

berrymastiff Wrote:A smattering of different dog types. It might be interesting to see a Japanese lady with a Tosa Inu. Or a South African lady with a Boerboel. I would take those dogs in a fight with chew wasps. Hell, maybe even in a fight with Roma. Look them up....

On another note:

I tend to believe that the dog lady is a manifestation of Gaia. Certainly she matches the description of a personification of the earth. And check out of the Gaia Hypothesis... sounds like blending the earth in parrallel with the Otherness and wherever the Ally is from.

Well, if you take the letters that form Herta you get EARTH, and given Rasaloms tendency to rearrange letters why wont she?

And I don't think too much about the types of dogs, since when asked about how he lost his leg the dog lady in Secret histories says he chose that form, but wasn't sure why. This means that he, too, is a conscious character.

If the dog lady is a version of the earth mother then she was the inspiration for the earth/mother figure in all ancient cultures. If this is the case and the dog is a conscious figure too, then who is the dog?

Symbolism of The type of dog associated with the dog lady - cobalt - 10-14-2008

Interesting idea. Who/what could the dog be? Maybe the dog is just a manifestation of all the earth's beasts. Natural for the beast to choose the form of a dog, a beast seen as protector for man. Subtle representation as animals are concerned. Aggressive when necessary. Imagine if the lady walked around with a wolf or a tiger as a familiar or companion along New York streets....the panic that would happen.

Symbolism of The type of dog associated with the dog lady - Lysistrata - 10-14-2008

Welcome BerryMastiff!

berrymastiff Wrote:I tend to belive that the dog lady is a manifestation of Gaia. Certainly she matches the description of a personification of the earth. And check out of the Gaia Hypothesis... sounds like blending the earth in parrallel with the Otherness and wherever the Ally is from.

Spoiler By the Sword below:

[SPOILER]
I recall that in By the Sword, when Jack eventually learns that the Dog Lady is one person and not several, he asks if she is Gaia and someone (can't remember if this was Glaeken or the Dog Lady) says "nothing that simple".

That would make a lot of sense though: she is our mother, she is hurt when pillars are buried, in Gateways her plants strive despite the drough and fight for her...[/SPOILER]

Symbolism of The type of dog associated with the dog lady - Lysistrata - 10-14-2008

cobalt79 Wrote:Interesting idea. Who/what could the dog be? Maybe the dog is just a manifestation of all the earth's beasts. Natural for the beast to choose the form of a dog, a beast seen as protector for man. Subtle representation as animals are concerned. Aggressive when necessary. Imagine if the lady walked around with a wolf or a tiger as a familiar or companion along New York streets....the panic that would happen.

Spoiler Conspiracies below:

The dog reminds me of Mauricio, the little "ape" that nibble on fingers. In a non-nasty way of course.

Symbolism of The type of dog associated with the dog lady - Susan - 10-18-2008

Legion Wrote:Well, if you take the letters that form Herta you get EARTH, and given Rasaloms tendency to rearrange letters why wont she?

Herta is also an anagram for HEART.

Susan

Symbolism of The type of dog associated with the dog lady - Libby - 10-18-2008

Susan Wrote:Herta is also an anagram for HEART.

Susan

Because she loves all humans....SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile