RepairmanJack.com Forums
Okay, so Who Isn't Going to Go See Cloverfield? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Okay, so Who Isn't Going to Go See Cloverfield? (/thread-2686.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Okay, so Who Isn't Going to Go See Cloverfield? - GeraldRice - 01-15-2008

And why?

I admit, the viral marketing has definitely got me hooked. I look at the pictures, I make the slusho drinks, I try to make sense of what the drink does to people. I'm dropping the kiddie off at the sitter's and going to see it this weekend.

Okay, so Who Isn't Going to Go See Cloverfield? - jacobm - 01-15-2008

It's either Cloverfield or 27 Dresses...which would you pick?

Okay, so Who Isn't Going to Go See Cloverfield? - Amon - 01-16-2008

As weird as this sounds, I'm going to wait till it comes out on DVD or at least On Demand. The theater is just no fun to go to anymore. Too many damn cell phones, iPhones, and Blackberries; irritating people that won't shut up; and noisy kids. Even if it means I'll be spoiled as to the nature of the monster, I'd prefer to watch it from the comfort of my own home.

Okay, so Who Isn't Going to Go See Cloverfield? - BK Akitas - 01-16-2008

I wasn't going to see it, then I got tickets for an advance screening, they cost me Nada and they're even feeding us sooooooooooooooo Smile you guys want a review thursday afternoon?

Okay, so Who Isn't Going to Go See Cloverfield? - Keith the Elder - 01-16-2008

BK Akitas Wrote:sooooooooooooooo Smile you guys want a review thursday afternoon?

Please

Okay, so Who Isn't Going to Go See Cloverfield? - Schwinn160 - 01-16-2008

I'm not very interested. It's supposed to be filmed exclusively from the camcorder in the main character's hand, and that kind of stuff makes me queasy from the bouncing.

Okay, so Who Isn't Going to Go See Cloverfield? - Flinx - 01-17-2008

Schwinn160 Wrote:I'm not very interested. It's supposed to be filmed exclusively from the camcorder in the main character's hand, and that kind of stuff makes me queasy from the bouncing.
That's the same thing that is putting me off from seeing it.
Plus I keep thinking of it as the Blair Monster Project.

Okay, so Who Isn't Going to Go See Cloverfield? - cobalt - 01-17-2008

I heard today that the name of the movie, Cloverfield....has NOTHING to do with anything in the movie. Cloverfield is the name of the film studio that produced the film. Rolleyes

Okay, so Who Isn't Going to Go See Cloverfield? - BK Akitas - 01-17-2008

[SIZE="5"]SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS[/SIZE]

whoever labeled this the Blair Monster Project was right on target.
characters are instantly likable, the shaky cam issue was hard to swallow (sit way in the back to see anything), hard to focus.
effects were incredibly realistic, you felt like you were there.

plot- none. you never know what it is (you get some glimpses and finally one very decent look) you never know where it came from, why it is here or what its purpose is. the spawned off monsters are a little too reminiscent of Alien. I would have liked to see more of them- creepy scenes with the little suckers were good but there was an issue about being bitten they never explored more than superficially. also, there's no happy ending- actually, there's no end.

wait for video.

Okay, so Who Isn't Going to Go See Cloverfield? - Keith the Elder - 01-17-2008

BK Akitas Wrote:[SIZE="5"]SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS[/SIZE]

wait for video.

Will do, Thanks.