RepairmanJack.com Forums
Beowulf - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Beowulf (/thread-2584.html)

Pages: 1 2

Beowulf - Mike Hanson - 11-18-2007

Hey Gang:

The tickets were not cheap but I made the quest to an
Imax screen yesterday to check out the 3-D projected
digitally-animated epic, "Beowulf."

Check out the blog on my website for the full review.

Suffice it to say here, though, that this somewhat faithful
adaption is ultimately dragging, plodding, awkward,
way too self-conscious, and just poorly conceived from
the start.

I give Beowulf TWO AND ONE-HALF out of five cans of
diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper.

Mike out

P.S. Check out the latest issue of HauteDoll Magazine (at the
magazine rack of your local Borders Books or Barnes and
Noble) wherein you'll find the beginning of the comic-book
styled miniseries "Space Force Adventures," penned by yours
truly...

Beowulf - beowulf - 11-18-2007

I will be seeing it this week....obviously.

But what I REALLY want to know is...how was the "Colverfield" trailer??????

Beowulf - Mike Hanson - 11-19-2007

beowulf Wrote:I will be seeing it this week....obviously. But what I REALLY want to know is...how was the "Colverfield" trailer??????

There was no "Cloverfield" trailer at the Imax theatre I
attended. Maybe it is only being shown in regular 2-D
projection theatres?

There was a pretty cool trailer for "I Am Legend"

And a pathetic one for "The Spiderwick Chronicles"

Mike out

Beowulf - beowulf - 11-19-2007

Mike Hanson Wrote:There was no "Cloverfield" trailer at the Imax theatre I
attended. Maybe it is only being shown in regular 2-D
projection theatres?

There was a pretty cool trailer for "I Am Legend"

And a pathetic one for "The Spiderwick Chronicles"

Mike out

"I Am Legend" looks like it could be one bad ass movie. Very excited about it. Too about about the Clvoerfield preview, woulda been pretty cool in Imax!

Beowulf - Marc - 11-19-2007

beowulf Wrote:"I Am Legend" looks like it could be one bad ass movie. Very excited about it. Too about about the Clvoerfield preview, woulda been pretty cool in Imax!

They didn't use the novel ending. It got poor results so they reshot it with an alternate ending that still isn't the novels. I hope they don't make it into a "happy" ending so they can make a sequel.

As for Cloverfield they have a new preview up over at Apple. Click here to view it. Looks awesome!

Beowulf - Auskar - 11-19-2007

I just watched the Cloverfield trailer online. Love it when Miss Liberty's head goes flyin'. I want to see the monster.

Beowulf - DaveStrorm - 11-19-2007

I saw the Cloverfield trailer on Saturday at one of the regular digital 3-D showings of Beowulf. It looked pretty good. Not sure what to expect still even after seeing the trailer. I haven't really kept up with this since the big rush on all those websites with the puzzles, etc. To be honest, I'd totally forgotten about it until the trailer started playing.

Beowulf - RichE - 11-22-2007

beowulf Wrote:"I Am Legend" looks like it could be one bad ass movie. Very excited about it. Too about about the Clvoerfield preview, woulda been pretty cool in Imax!

I really liked the film the way I enjoyed 300. "I AM LEGEND" looks great but I feel almost like it sounds like a remake of "THE OMEGA MAN". I wish they could have filmed it like the novel...Maybe some day...

Beowulf - GeraldRice - 11-23-2007

I have to say I was ultimately disappointed with the ending of the novella "I am Legend" but I really don't see how it could have ended any other way than it did.

Beowulf - beowulf - 11-23-2007

GeraldRice Wrote:I have to say I was ultimately disappointed with the ending of the novella "I am Legend" but I really don't see how it could have ended any other way than it did.

I have not read the novel, so I have no idea what to expect. At this point i will probably read the book after I see the movie.

As for Bewoulf, I was surprised with HOW much they changed the story, but I understoof they did it for continuity purposes. Typical movie goers would not have appreciated the flow of the original Beowulf.