RepairmanJack.com Forums
Jack Meets...... - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Jack Meets...... (/thread-2511.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Jack Meets...... - RichE - 10-05-2007

I love it when a favorite character meets up unexpect. with another favorite, well known person in a novel. One example is Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson meeting Edward Rassenddyll (The hero of "The Prisoner Of Zenda") in Nicholas Meyer's excellent "The Seven-Per Cent Solution".

Here's my idea of Jack meeting up with....

A regular at Julio's, well liked and obviously pretty wealthy but who enjoy's being with regular people. He is in his late 80's but pretty spry. His name is Lamont Cranston (The Shadow)

Harry Erskine, a phoney NYC mystic who keep's babbeling (to anyone who will listen) about a Native American spirit who is out to get him ("The Manitou")

A writer named F. Paul Wilson, who would love to shoot Jack. Why? Jack keep's going on and on about the film version of "The Keep" and how much he loves it. The writer would rather be back in his nice peaceful medical office doing something like checking every known entrance to the human body.

Anybody else?

Jack Meets...... - BK Akitas - 10-05-2007

I've said it before and I'll say it again- an RJ x Pendergast story would be fantastic.

Jack Meets...... - Kenji - 10-05-2007

Jack vs. Licoln Rhyme. It'll be exciting story! Cool

Jack Meets...... - Auskar - 10-05-2007

Hey. Jack met P. Frank Winslow. That's good enough.

It's really hard to do that in a novel, I think. If it is too obvious, you break that "invisible barrier" between the audience and the characters, and "suspension of disbelief" crumbles.

Still. The meeting with P. Frank Winslow was extremely entertaining.

Jack Meets...... - Fenian1916 - 10-05-2007

Jack Meets Abbott and Costello. He's a fan of old movies so I'm sure he'd have a blast.

Naaawwwwww!!!! That was a phoney Wilson. No...Jack should meet the real thing!
Here's another "Jack Meets..."

Jesse Stone. Robert Parker's hard drinking, down-trodden police chief

Dr. Laben Shrewsbury. August Derleth's mysterious hero who battles the Great Old Ones of Lovecraft's universe (which appears to be Rasalom's allies).

Bud and Lou...? You know it!
Another meeting should be William W. Johnstone's Linc Donovan ("The Devil's Laughter")

And how about the famous German master criminal 'Doctor Mabuse'?

Jack Meets...... - Mike Hanson - 10-05-2007

I would like Jack to meet Carl, an 85 year old curmudgeon
and former Reporter for Chicago's Independent News Service.

And if I have to explain who Carl is, then you are a lost
cause... ;P

Mike Big Grin

Jack Meets...... - webby - 10-05-2007

BK Akitas Wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again- an RJ x Pendergast story would be fantastic.

I'll second that. Smile

It might also be fun if our Jack were to meet Jack Reacher, though I doubt either one would understand the other.

Jack Meets...... - Dave F - 10-05-2007

BK Akitas Wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again- an RJ x Pendergast story would be fantastic.

I'll tripple that - or whatever the right phrase is

Its about bloody time he met Glaeken (Pre nightworld)